How to download the commercial TeamViewer software

Servant_IT
Servant_IT Posts: 1
edited November 2021 in General questions

Hey everyone,

I can't believe I'm asking this, given EVERY other software provider whose software I've ever used commercially has a straight-forward, download-and-log-in-to-activate-commercial-functionality approach. However, since TeamViewer doesn't appear to operate this way, I would be so grateful if one of you could please tell me the steps I need to follow in order to download the commercial Team Viewer Remote Support software.

So far, several TeamViewer reps have told me via chat that you need to download the free version, then log in to remove the "Free version (non-commercial use)" message, which across the top of the software. Unless something's changed really recently, you'll agree with me that this is nonsense.

I really hope that one of you can steer me in the right direction- thanks so much, in advance.

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Servant_IT

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community.

Please know there are not different versions of TeamViewer for personal or commercial use. TeamViewer's free download app is the app used both commercially and personally. Licensing a TeamViewer device is done by logging in to the device's Computers & Contacts tab with your licensed account.

Older versions of TeamViewer did have a separate licensing process, which can be found here. All later versions of TeamViewer, however, do utilize an account login to license the device and mark it as commercial.

If you are encountering an issue with the process, could you please provide more information? Do you encounter an error message, and if so, what does it say?

Thanks in advance 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Servant_IT

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community.

Please know there are not different versions of TeamViewer for personal or commercial use. TeamViewer's free download app is the app used both commercially and personally. Licensing a TeamViewer device is done by logging in to the device's Computers & Contacts tab with your licensed account.

Older versions of TeamViewer did have a separate licensing process, which can be found here. All later versions of TeamViewer, however, do utilize an account login to license the device and mark it as commercial.

If you are encountering an issue with the process, could you please provide more information? Do you encounter an error message, and if so, what does it say?

Thanks in advance 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• ZvezaSoncek
    ZvezaSoncek Posts: 1

Hi everyone, can somebody explaine me what the hack is going on with TeamViewer. It's like TeamViewer want to lose as much clients as possible. I can't purches and process on. It's very confuzing UI must say. I we would like to buy one comercial online licence and it's mission impossible. Is our IP blocked or something?

Please advice thank you.

Marko B.