Unattended Remote Access

I haven't downloaded TeamViewer software to my computer yet. Once I do, I just want to be able to periodically access one unattended computer and possibly transfer files occasionally. However, the computer I want to be able to remote access is 100 miles away me and normally unattended, so I'm assuming I will have to ask someone to be at that location in order to load the software on it--is that correct? Unfortunately, anyone I ask to do that is as technologically challenged as I am, so how difficult is it going to be for them? I need to know what to expect for them and me, and step-by-step instructions for each of us would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your patience with such a dweeb! 🙄

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator

Hi Beckes,

Thank you for your post and I'm here to support you!

As you mentioned, the TeamViewer application has to be installed manually from our website.

It seems hard work, however, we have a guide about How to download TeamViewer. Therefore, installing the TeamViewer application could be easier than you think 😉

Additionally, by initial settings on the remote device, unattended access (easy access) are available and this setup is pretty simple✨

The unattended access (easy access) setting allows a remote session without passwords as long as you are using the same TeamViewer account credentials for both sign-in on the local device and account assignment on the remote device. Therefore, you can disable password settings for security concerns.

For the unattended access settings, please follow the steps below.

• Established the remote session to the target device. Please ask for TeamViewerID and the password which is shown on the remote device.
    • For Easy Access settings, the account assignment is required, so please input your TeamViewer account credential in the settings: Three line menu( ≡) --> Extras -> Options --> General ---> Account assignment

• After the account assignment, please check the box for easy access. You will find that under Three line menu( ≡) --> Extras --> Options --> Security --> Grant Easy Access.

• Disable the random password on the remote device. You can find this setting under Three line menu( ≡) --> Extras --> Options --> Security --> Random password, select Disable
    • Set the password on the TeamViewer option setting itself. This setting prevents unintentional setting changes, and also limited access to the TeamViewer settings on the device.

For this setting, please go to Three line menu( ≡) --> Extras --> Options --> Advance -> TeamViewer options and set the password.

For more information about the password, please check more information from here.

Please note that the TeamViewer account is required for the remote session. If you don't have a TeamViewer account, please kindly create your TeamViewer account!

Hope this would be helpful.

If you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to ask in the Community.

Looking forward to hearing from you 🍀

Best regards

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター