Signing up as a TViewer Community member, what kind of access did I agree to?

Options
InsideIt
InsideIt Posts: 1
edited February 2023 in General questions

Folks, I think I unwittingly allowed access to [my data] when I signed up to be a member of this community. Can anyone elucidate for me?

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @InsideIt

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

Great Question! I will refer to an earlier post from our Community Manager, @Esther:

Hi @JacqueRowden

The Community Account is also your TeamViewer Account within the Management Console (MCO). It will be created in there as well as the login is managed via the MCO and you can see/manage the active logins within the MCO.

For this the requested permission is required.

I hope the info helps you.

Best, Esther

As you use your standard TeamViewer account to log into the Community, it counts as an "Active Login" - simply, a location where your TeamViewer account is actively signed in.

You can view active logins in the Management Console by clicking your account in the upper right corner, then Edit Profile from the drop-down (You'll see the tab as above in my screenshot in the Profile Settings)

This tab is important in many instances, a common one being where you may log into a friend or client's TeamViewer application to make a single connection, but forget to log out afterwards. You can remotely log out any active login from here.

In order for the Management Console to be able to log you out of the community, it needs the requirement of "Account Management".

Rest assured, you did NOT grant TeamViewer nor any other party access to your actual account, nor the contents of it.

I hope this helps clarify! If you still have any concerns, please feel free to respond here. 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---