Different TeamViewer ID

Options
Denelbe
Denelbe Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Linux only

Hi,

I use TeamViewer host on a Linux (Debian 10) server. My problem is that when I launch TeamViewer host in a graphical environment, the ID shown is different from the one given by "teamviewer info".

I have only one network interface. The TeamViewer session can be established through the first ID and not through the second one. I would prefer the contrary as it's sometime possible to access first to ssh console.

Where am I wrong ?

Denis

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,083 Moderator
    Options

Hello Denis,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

The double IDs are happening probably because the system is behaving as a server. You should be able to confirm it by clicking on "About TeamViewer". It should show your User ID and the Server ID like the image below:

I would recommend using the server ID (the one showing on the terminal) for the remote connections. It will connect to the main login page, so you can enter the user's credential to sign in.

If you decide to use the User ID, the user will need to be open for you to be able to connect.

I hope this information helps! 😊

Please let me know if it worked for you, or if you have any other questions.

Best,

.Carol.fg.

Portuguese Community Moderator

• Denelbe
    Denelbe Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi Carol,

Thanks for answer, but in my case I don't have any server ID. Here's my "about" screenshot.

Do you have any other idea ?

Denis