How to remain access to remote access after restart my Windows PC?

Options
miansameen
miansameen Posts: 1
edited November 2021 in General questions

As soon as I restart my Surface, I can't remote access to it anymore. It's just hang .... I already configure it with **Third Party Product** & Team Viewer. If I'm close to it, and wake it up. Only then, it's back online again. But what if I'm outside of home, and I can't physically wake it up. How do I make sure 100% when I restart my Surface, it always back up online ?

Tagged:

Comments

• shainiaAlia
    shainiaAlia Posts: 1
    Options

@miansameen It should come back on automatically... what do you mean "wake it up". Are you saying wake from sleep? Or like power on?

• ShaistaBaloch
    Options

@miansameen It should come back on automatically. If it doesn't, check out the below list to see if any of these apply:

If your using Windows, then here are some of the reasons you many not be able to connect.

You have changed the computer name.
    You are connecting using the IP address and the computer is assigned a new IP address.
    Remote access has been blocked in the Firewall.
    Disabled network card or changed settings.
    Blue screen of death.
    Somebody entered the BIOS as the computer started up.
    Network cable had been unplugged.
    You selected shut down instead of restart.

Compiled by @stukelly: (https://serverfault.com/questions/10682/can-i-still-log-into-the-remote-computer-after-restarting-it/10684)

My guess is its the firewall. Look and see what the firewall settings are before and after boot to make sure windows isn't defaulting back.