Easy Access enabled but still cannot access clients computer

Hi,

We have a few computers that have been enabled for easy access, but when we try to connect it still prompts for a password. No one knows what password is needed.

How do we bypass this? Not all the computers have the promptings, but some do and we cannot access without someone allowing us in.

Please advise,

Margarett

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager

Hi Margarett

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

I will try to help you with this problem. Can you check one thing for me?

1. Are you logged in on your device with the account that has Easy Access on the remote device?

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Not right now, I have to ask someone to let me in.

Once I am granted access and allowed in, what should I do?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager

If you are logged into your TeamViewer Account and you double-click on the computer in your Computers & Contacts list, you should get connected automatically.

Just to be sure, Easy access has been set up correctly, I cam sharing the link to the how to guide: All about passwords

Former Community Manager

• This really wasn't helpful to me...we already have these options active for easy access but it is still not working. Still prompting for a password.

How do I get a support ticket assigned so someone can take a look? I need to access this device and no one is able to let me in!

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,025 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Margarett,

I think the problem is that there is a password set up somewhere - in your Computers and Contacts list or on your devices' TeamViewer options - that is preventing Easy Access to work properly. Please check in both places and delete the password entries, as described below:

In your Computers and Contacts list

1) Right click on the remote computer and select Properties

2) If there is a password entered here, make sure to delete it.

3) Press OK to save changes.

On your remote device

1) Please open your remote device's TeamViewer and access the options

2) Go to Advanced, scroll down to Personal password and check if there is a password entered. If so, make sure to delete it.

3) Press OK to save changes.

Now you have checked and (where required) deleted all password entries, please try to connect via Easy Access again and let me know if it works now. 😊

All the best,

JeanK

Community Manager

• Iguandae
    Iguandae Posts: 1

I'm having the same exact issue on a free account I have probably a dozen of my machines on a free account added for easy access but the last one I added prompts for password when trying to connect. I've verified what you posted above and there are no passwords... the only way I can access this machine is remove easy access and use the generated password, but I would like easy access to work like it does on the other 10+ machines. Thanks, I've also tried uninstalling ( +remove all settings) and reinstalling and same issue. In case you can see my computers it is the one called DELL3020. Thanks

• I'm having the same problem with easy access. It was working. It stopped working, there are no extra passwords, and reinstall on remote device with new settings didn't change anything.

Did you find a solution?

• I have exactly the same problem this is very annoying; never had this issue before and I think an update to teamviewer causes this...

• I have the exact same problem. It was working before and now it's not. It keeps kicking me off saying that multiple log in made, when in fact I had just clicked the computer to remote access and it asks for password that will not let me in. It started when an update message came.

• KarinTV
    KarinTV Posts: 1

Hope this can help someone, I had the same issue after a weird problem with my account, basically I got an email in Dec saying my account was at risk of being deleted for not being used (which was accurate) but I hadn't seen it or taken action. Last week I decided to install TV on my current (Mac) computer, installed it on my iPad and confirmed both devices through the email I received. When I tried to use the app on my iPad yesterday I was prompted to login to my account but got an error message that the password was incorrect, tried to request a new password but never got the email. Today I decided to try and create a new account and it seems that my account was in fact deleted in the interim because I was able to create a new account with the same email.

I logged in again on both devices, no prompts to add them as a trusted device this time, but I could not connect from the iPad to my Mac without the password prompt even though easy access seemed to be on and no personal password was set.

After some trail and error I discovered that if I removed the "1 user" under "manage this device" in the general preferences, while my account was showing as logged in under "account assignment", if I then went to the "security" section, I could check "easy access for <my name>". In the iPad app it still says "remote control (using password)" but I am not prompted for a password anymore when I actually click that option.