Mouse click not working

2»

Answers

• Version 15.27.3 has been released... has anyone noticed if the problem is fixed?

• Using an iPhone to control several Windows PCs, left clicking doesn’t work well any more. It takes multiple attempts.

• Edit: Connecting from PC "A" to any other unit is fine, the problem is only apparent when other computers connect to "A" and it is the other computer that looses mouse click ability when either machine clicks on the side bar.

Also note: the mouse hover will still highlight background switches and task bar thumbnails but cannot select them.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,025 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @pcprof,

The clicks might be disturbed by connection hiccups.

Maybe you could try to test from a different network / with a strong and stable Wifi connection?

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Definitely not the issue. This problem has been going on for months, and I have the issue no matter where I am, and does not matter if I'm using Wi-Fi or Cellular (I usually have strong signals for both). Also Right-Click and Double-clicks work fine. I'm a cooperate user with hundreds of clients all over the country, so I know the issue is not on the client's end either.

This issue started when the option to change "interaction Method" between Mouse Mode and Touch Mode was introduced a few versions ago. (Left click does not work in EITHER mode by-the-way)

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 902 Senior Moderator

Hello @G_Baylis

Thanks for your post.

First let's see if I have all the information correct:

• Connections to A from B or C show no issue with right/left click, until you click the sidebar to attempt to change an option (I imagine this is referring to the small TeamViewer sidebar that appears in connections?)
    • Connections from A to B or C do not replicate the issue, meaning you are able to click the sidebar, alter settings, and still maintain function of both left and right clicks afterwards
    • The issue persists after two re-installs on A (could you please let me know if you also went through the registry as mentioned here?)
    • B or C have not performed a re-install (I agree it would seem the issue resides on A, no need to try this yet)
    • One of the three devices is running the 32-bit version of TeamViewer (is it A, B, or C?)
    • When this occurs, the mouse on A still moves and highlights items, but no click can be made

This does sound like a unique issue, as I have been unable to replicate this on my own devices running the latest versions. Any clarification you can provide regarding the issue will help greatly!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• G_Baylis
    G_Baylis Posts: 5

Hi Josh

(There doesn't appear to be a [Reply] that directs this at you, Hopefully this system just alerts you to a comment in a thread you have touched...)

Correct on all above... I can add (if not already) that 'B' and 'C' have no issue in either direction between them.

The 32bit version is on one of the 2 working units (actually I have tried 3 units other than 'A').

I hadn't done a registry hack as above. (I'm an ex EDS/Dell/Fujitsu IT Field support tech so will give it a go soon. (I have since given up the IT world as I got sick of the politics and Co's (like EDS) getting rid of entire groups then hiring them back as contractors to make things look good on the books (And we all know what happens to Co's that let the bean counters run the factory floor (again see EDS))

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 902 Senior Moderator

Hello @G_Baylis

Thanks for the clarification, and the confirmation!

You can "@ mention" other users in the Community by placing an @ before their username. This will produce a pop-up:

That being said, the system will also notify you if someone replies to a thread you are in! You can manage these settings for your account here.

Regarding your issue, I await the results!

Take care.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• HelenD
    HelenD Posts: 2

My problem is connecting from Mac Mini 2014 with Monterey to a Samsung Tablet and a Samsung A53 of elderly relative. Latest versions can connect and use keyboard but no mouse control at all. If I use my iPad I have full control of the Samsungs. So not the host setup. Changed the mice but no help

• Shari_B
    Shari_B Posts: 1

I've also had the same problem for months. Usually restarting my computer fixes the issue, but in this case, I was connected to a remote Mac Mini. An IT guy also remoted into the Mac Mini, and now we're having to restart the Mac Mini and possibly uninstall and reinstall the software to fix the issue.

Based on a search, it seems like this has been an issue for years now, I can't believe a solution hasn't been worked out yet.