The level of security regarding a TeamViewer host deployment

Over the last few years, I've read quite a bit about TeamViewer security concerns. I am now seeking professional and objective opinions about the security of the following scenario:

• License TeamViewer Corporate
  • using a complex password and two-factor authentication
  • Admin can give remote assistance using TeamViewer client (random password disabled)
  • Admin account account assignment (easy access/unattended access) is enabled in the TeamViewer host module so the deployment is done with the API token for the admin account

In addition, there's a policy attached to the custom host module deployment that specifies the following things for every host:

• Automated installation of all new updates
  • based on a whitelist that allows access only from the admin account
  • In host modules, prevent the unassignment of the assigned admin account
  • account
  • account; enforce local admin password assignment
  • Random password disabled on host modules, enforced

Does this setup look like it's secure enough to let those host modules run on computers so that the admin can take unattended access whenever needed? If not, please include reasons for it and/or tips and tricks to make it more secure.

Thank you!

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Hanimalik,

Thank you for posting here.

I looked at your setup and it is very secure. ✅

If you want to add a second layer of security regarding your connections, you could also use the Two-Factor-Authentication for Connections.

When enabled, connections to the remote computer(s) need to be approved using a push notification sent to specific mobile devices. 

This is a new feature that we released a couple of months ago and which is already heavily used by our users.

Let me know what you think about this and if you feel that it might be useful for you. 🌻

All the best,

JeanK

Community Manager