Teamviewer works perfectly until I open Chrome on the remote laptop

Options
Shapeg
Shapeg Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in General questions

Hi there, Everything is marvellous until I open the Chrome browser on the remote laptop. It then pretty much freezes, or goes on a massive go slow. The only reason I support this laptop is to help my sister use Chrome. Any ideas? It happens consistently, every time. All other apps are fine. regards Shane

Tagged:

Answers

• G_Baylis
    G_Baylis Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Just a suggestion. If it's Windows, try having a look at the network load when you start Chrome via task viewer. (Is chrome hogging the bandwidth)... Is Chrome hogging the CPU even with no TeamViewer connection... etc.

Have you tried getting chrome up and running before making a TeamViewer connection.

Note: I'm an ex PC tech but not a TeamViewer expert by far so these are only 'Wild guesses' at the moment while I wait for an answer to one of my issues... (uhh with Teamviewer that is). :-)

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello @Shapeg, @G_Baylis

Thanks for your post.

I was unable to replicate this on my own devices, but I do believe @G_Baylis is on the right track, at least for the beginning of troubleshooting! It is kind of a running joke that sometimes the Chrome browser can become a little... resource-intensive:

Jokes aside, I would like to elaborate on the idea proposed by @G_Baylis with a few other questions, so we may uncover if TeamViewer may be causing any issues itself:

• Are there a lot of tabs open in Chrome? Having a ton of tabs open (or even one malfunctioning one) can cause whats known as a memory leak. This can cause Chrome to run a bit heavy with resources when trying to resolve or maintain the tabs. Try this: Close out all tabs and exit Chrome. Start a fresh browser section with no websites open
    • Does it happen with any other browsers? If you have not already try opening another browser and attempt the same thing. If the issue persists when opening any browser, a reinstall of TeamViewer may be needed
    • Does it occur with a specific webpage open? Take note of what websites are open - for security, some sites (like financial sites or those containing sensitive information) may prevent remote desktop applications from accessing the information If the issue is with a certain website, let us know what website or kind it is!

Thanks in advance for any other information regarding the issue!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Shapeg
    Shapeg Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your response. I am planning on doing these tests and will update you when I have.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Shapeg 😁

We await your findings - I wish you success in your troubleshooting!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---