Install Host Configuration

Options

I have made a host configuration and want to make it active in the msi but can't manage this with version 15

I use the following command for this

msiexec /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn APITOKEN=xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access --alias %COMPUTERNAME% --group-id Helpdesk --reassign" IMPORTREGFILE=1

But I can still do everything on the PC where I installed the host eg shut down host while I have it blocked

How can I fix this in version 15

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @LeoBrons,

The command you are using is correct.

Did you make sure to place the .tvopt file within the same folder as the .msi file?

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• LeoBrons
    LeoBrons Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi thanks for your answer I did indeed not have the Teamviewer_Settings.tvopt in the same folder.

I have now done this and run into the following error message : the use of importregfile=0/1 is decrapted the support of this propertywil dropped soon pleas specify the full path to the setting file with SETTINGFILE

So I changed the command line to the following but then nothing is executed

Command : msiexec /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn APITOKEN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxxxxx ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access --alias %COMPUTERNAME% --group-id Helpdesk --reassign" SETTINGFILE=Teamviewer_Settings.tvopt

What am I doing wrong ?

• JeanK
    Options

I just saw that you have used:

SETTINGFILE=Teamviewer_Settings.tvopt

instead of:

SETTINGSFILE=Teamviewer_Settings.tvopt

(the S in SETTINGSFILE is missing)

I'd recommend testing it again. 🙂

Community Manager

• LeoBrons
    Options

Hi thanks for your answer

I have change the command line and the installation start but then i get the following error Error25010: the source file could not be read

For testing i have make a new tvopt file and i have a new msi file but still i get this message

And when i use the command line with the import rule IMPORTREGFILE=1 then its working and i see the computername in the teamviewer portal **bleep** xxxx$

Thats a littlebit weard because i mace the command line with %username% but still i get computername ....

Anyway can you help me with the error ?

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @LeoBrons,

Did you make sure that the file name of your .tvopt file is the same as the file name you are using in your command line after SETTINGSFILE= ?

Community Manager

• LeoBrons
    edited March 2022
    Options

Yes i am very sure i send you a picture with the file name

• JeanK
    Options

All right. Thank you for checking.

Could you please test with the following script:

msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOURIDCCODE
    ping -n 31 127.0.0.1>nul
    Path\To\TeamViewer.exe assign --api-token YOURTOKEN --grant-easy-access

and send me back what it looks like in your Terminal so I can check.

Community Manager

• LeoBrons
    edited March 2022
    Options

When i do this its working for the install

but i have not all the settings ..... that i have defind on the guideline policy

And white this script he add not the device/username in to the teamviewer management console

And white the file that i created before i get the policy and he put the device/username to the teamviewer management console

So i prefere te reg fil ......

• LeoBrons
    Options

Have you any update ?

• JeanK
    Options

Sorry for the late answer, @LeoBrons.

It's difficult to say why it is not working.

I recommend opening a ticket so our engineers can have a deeper look at it:

Open a ticket

Community Manager

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Options

I use the following script all the time...

msiexec.exe /i "\\SharePath\Teamviewer Host\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn APITOKEN=MyToken CUSTOMCONFIGID=MyConfig SETTINGSFILE="\\SharePath\Teamviewer Host\Teamviewer_Config.tvopt" ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %username% --grant-easy-access --group ""Computer Group Name""" DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0

I put that in a batch file in the same directory as the TeamViewer_Host.msi installer and the Teamviewer_Config.tvopt options file. Run it as admin as needed. It is a silent install, applies my custom host settings for logo & colors, applies my client options like no shutdown, allow list, etc, no desktop shortcut, and then puts it in the group that I want with their username.