How to stop account assignment prompt

Options
Thatian
Thatian Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hey, I'm a bit new to administrating teamviewer and been having the issue where Account Assignment prompt comes up after installing teamviewer host on a device.

Does anyone know how to stop it from prompting after installation? 😊

Currently I'm trying to get the host installed via SCCM, but if I do it manually or with sccm this prompt comes up 🤔

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Thatian,

Silent installations are possible by using our supported mass deployment method.

You'll find all relevant information here:

📄 Mass deployment on Windows

The script you can use is the following:

msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx APITOKEN=xxxxxx ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --alias %ComputerName%"

Here, the /qn parameter is the one allowing the silent installation.

Let me know how this goes!

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Thatian,

Silent installations are possible by using our supported mass deployment method.

You'll find all relevant information here:

📄 Mass deployment on Windows

The script you can use is the following:

msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx APITOKEN=xxxxxx ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --alias %ComputerName%"

Here, the /qn parameter is the one allowing the silent installation.

Let me know how this goes!

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Thatian
    Options

Hi JeanK,

Thanks a lot for your reply! 😊

After you response I might've found the issue then, I tried comparing your line to what I was currently using and I was missing the API Token, guess it's probably more important than I expected 😅But I also had a settings file in mine, can I delete that from the script? We're not really customizing any settings and should run stock and just work 😊

My Current script:

msiexec /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qb CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxx SETTINGSFILE="\\path\to\tvopt\TeamViewer_Settings2.tvopt" ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS=" --reassign --alias %ComputerName%"

I'll be adding APITOKEN later today, as soon our owner of teamviewer allows me to enable it 😁

• JeanK
    Options

Happy to hear about your findings! Indeed, the API token is very important! 😊

If you are not using the settingsfile at all, I would remove it totally from the script.

Also, I would recommend adding the Easy Access setting. Please check what Easy Access is about here:

📄 Easy Access

With Easy Access added, the script would look like this:

msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx APITOKEN=xxxxxx ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --alias %ComputerName% --grant-easy-access"

Community Manager

• Thatian
    Options

Hi JeanK,

Just wanted to thank you for you're help. We've just implemented it with APITOKEN and without --grant-easy-access which gives us the output we've wanted! 😊I can thank you enough for you assistantace 😀

• JeanK
    Options

I am very happy we could resolve the issue. That was real teamwork! 😎

I hope to see you soon posting in the Community-

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager