Why is my personal use TeamViewer no longer working?

Options
sjda
sjda Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello

I use TeamViewer to help my 94 year old Mother who lives in senior living complex. I have been using it successfully since the pandemic started to keep her online and engaged with the family. During the first year I had problem; they thought I might be using it for commercial use, since it isn't they changed my account to personal use and it worked fine.

Starting today, I can no longer connect to her computer; it goes thru authentication, I see a flash of her screen and it disappears. Unfortunately, she is in isolation and I am unable to go in to check her computer until next week.

Does anyone know that this problem is? Is it that I am being suspected of commercial use again? Or is it another problem.

Thanks

Jane

Best Answer

• sjda
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have resolved my problem. It is my Norton firewall.....now I just have to fix it.

Answers

• sjda
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have resolved my problem. It is my Norton firewall.....now I just have to fix it.

• Bippy
    Bippy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

You may want to also setup the pc to allow for remote assistance so you have a back door in the event something with TV prevents it from working. I would also add an additional layer with a 3rd party app that allows remote control again just in case something fails and check them periodically especially after any update to your system and hers. It may sound antiquated but having a dial up connection as a fail safe is also a good idea but would require a dedicated line or your grandmother knowing how to enable the modem to accept an incoming call should there be only 1 phone line available.

• sjda
    Options

The problem doesn't seem to be the firewall because I now can't connect from my IPad. Is there a way to set up remote control that will not require anything on her end? She is not very good with the computer, but she can play a mean game of online bridge....once she is set up :-)