Strange email domain

nandwil
nandwil Posts: 2 ✭✭

I received an email from what appeared to be TeamViewer saying there was suspicious activity on my account and I had to click on a link to reset my password. I did not, noticing the email it was sent from looked a bit different then what your normal company email addresses look like. I went directly to the TeamViewer website to change my password, just to be safe.

I wanted to confirm if teamviewer@secured-login.net is a trusted email or not. If so, I'll know for future reference that it is safe. If not, know that there are phishing scams focused on resetting passwords on TeamViewer.

Tagged:

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator
    edited March 2022

Hello @nandwil

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

It is always a good idea to maintain a level of discretion when checking your emails, with the prevalence of phishing scams and other malicious actors these days. The steps you have taken here are always the best when you are unsure - if in doubt, go to the source and ask directly!

So that we may investigate this further, would you please PM a screenshot of the email you received? This way we can forward the information internally, and once we have more info, can provide it here.

Thanks in advance! 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• nandwil
    nandwil Posts: 2 ✭✭

PM sent. Let me know what you team says.

Thanks so much!