Teamviewer on Chrome OS Flex

Hi everybody,

I have a Chrome OS Flex Mini PC at home that I want to connect to from outside. Is it possible to run Teamviewer on Chrome OS Flex, so that I can connect to it from work or on the go?

Answers

• AlanDay
    AlanDay Posts: 1

Same here - Chrome OS flex does not yet run Android apps which is where your site sends me for chrome OS

• HuubvB
    HuubvB Posts: 8 ✭✭

Use Chrome OS Flex on 'old hardware. On my Chromebook I use TeamerViewer Host and the Universal add-on. Works fine, including starting when I start up the machine. Since Flex OS doesn support Google Play Store I suggest you put the apps in the Google Web Store which is accessable on Flex OS!

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello all,

Thank you for your messages.

Indeed, connecting to Chrome OS is only possible when running the Android app of TeamViewer QuickSupport or TeamViewer Host.

@HuubvB Unfortuantely, for Chrome US, we only offer our apps via the Google Play Store. We can't provide any workaround this.

Thanks for your understanding.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• HuubvB

@JeanK unfortunately google doesn't include the possibility to loads apps through their Play Store. Therefor i have the request also to make it available through the chrome web store.

Alternatively you might offer support through a PWA. Hope you can help to solve the matter.

• JeanK

Hi @HuubvB,

Unfortunately, we only support the apps via the Play Store for Chrome OS. Also, we do not offer support through a PWA.

I am afraid there is nothing we can do from our side anymore.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• HuubvB
    edited September 2022

Unfortunately your response implies that you leave all Chrome OS Flex users behind. I think this might be a missed opportunity now Google is very actively promoting it and moving older hardware into a Chrome OS Flex platform. Are you telling everyone in a similar position as myself to go for another Remote solution (for example **Third Party Product**)? Hope a request to better support the growing Chrome OS Flex community makes it to your (short)list of enhancement requests! Please let me know how the development team thinks about this.

• JeanK

Hi @HuubvB,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

We'll pass the word to our dev team, and hopefully, we will focus more on the Chrome OS Flex systems in the future.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• HuubvB

@JeanK, any new on the topic of getting Teamviewer for Chrome OS Flex downloadable from the Chrome webstore or directly from the Teamviewer website? I am willing to do betatesting if such is required.

• JeanK

Hi @HuubvB,

No updates to share yet. But if something pops up, I'll let you know in this thread.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• HuubvB

@JeanK 3 months have passed since our last exchange of information. I have seen one or two updates of Teamviewer Host for Chromebooks. We really need it also for Chrome Flex OS. Since that version doesn't support the Google Play Store we need it either as an app in the Chrome webstore or available as a download from the Teamviewer website.

• adsodamelk
    adsodamelk Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

@JeanK we are customers with TW corporate license and have exactly the same iassue as @HuubvB. Any news?

What is the problem with allowing downalod also on your site or on the Chrome webstore instead of only on the Google Play Store?

Thanks in advance!

• HuubvB

@Jeank, Any progress you can share with us?

Really appreciate if an answer will be posted after almost half a year of silence on this topic.

• JeanK

Hi all,

Thank you for being so patient.

I just follow-up on this with the responsible team.

I'll keep you posted!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• HuubvB

Hi JeanK,

Over a year back I suggested a solution by bringing the app available through the Chrome Wesbtore. I also asked you if we should go for a competetive solution. You removed the name of that solution from my post. All in all I do get a bit desparate because I do see no progress at all!

Can you please contact your development colleagues and ask them to come with a date when to expect a final decision and answer. The would be great in managing customer expectations.

Thanks, Huub