teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Stop auto-update from creating desktop shortcuts?

We deploy the TeamViewer Host without desktop shortcuts, but when it auto-updates itself it creates a new shortcut. Has anybody found a way to prevent this behaviour?

Best Answer

Answers

• flospi
    flospi Posts: 29 ✭✭

No I haven't, but we have the same problem. I just created a ticket with TeamViewer Support.

We also disable the Outlook Plugin with the initial installation and it seems that the Autoupdate also installs that.

• Pupitmiser
    Pupitmiser Posts: 1 Newbie

Has a workaround been determined for this?

I'm about to switch providers because of how obnoxious this is for my users.

If I'm paying money for a product I do not expect to be bombarded with useless clutter on the desktop.

In most cases I would like it to be known that I can remote into their machines without them seeing the software front and center.

None of the other Applications I use do this. Only you.

• flospi
    flospi Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @Pupitmiser, after I opened a ticket with them, they had the solution at hand already. For new installations, you need to add "REMOVE=f.DesktopShortcut" to the installation.

This will only work on fresh installations and the following updates. For the current installations, you need to remove the icon manually. We did it with a delete from within a GPO.

• CHCMATT
    CHCMATT Posts: 1 Newbie