Cleanup of Devices

We have the Tensor license and are looking for a good way to clean up our managed groups. Unfortunately, we don't see anywhere which device has connected the last time or when it was logged in the last time. How does TeamViewer envision a clean administration and support their Tensor customers to keep the Managed Groups up to date? 

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @MasterAccount,

Thank you for posting here!

You can delete outdated devices via an API script.

We published some script examples on GitHub that you can find here:

Remove-TeamViewerOutdatedDevice

I hope this will help. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions related to the scripts.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• AndreasGapsch
    AndreasGapsch Posts: 7 ✭✭

It's not helpful, as we are using managed devices. Could we please get some scripts for managed devices.

• AndreasGapsch

Dear TeamViewer Team, could please someone pick this up? Also, support is not really helpful...

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @AndreasGapsch,

Thank you for reaching out!

Our Customer Support can provide you with scripts for managed devices.

These can't be shared in the forum.

Therefore, please open a support ticket here.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• AndreasGapsch

Hello everyone, I just wanted to add to this post that I have opened a ticket but there is no script for managed devices. According to TV support, the "last_seen" flag is still in development and should appear sometime in the next few months (without guarantee). A sad state of things...🤬

So, I wonder how do other companies identify managed devices that are obsolete and no longer used in TeamViewer? Do you simply leave the no longer active managed devices, or do you try manual comparisons? 🙄

• MasterAccount
    MasterAccount Posts: 14 ✭✭

What is the status on this?