Is it possible to add computers to groups without requiring a password?

I have been having issues with TeamViewer lately. Whenever I install the latest version of TeamViewer on any of the computers I manage, I can bypass the password portion if I add them to my account.

However, if I add them to a preestablished group so that my co-workers can connect to them as needed, the newly added computer asks for a password to connect to it.

For example, say I have group Office Computers with 10 computers already in it without requiring passwords to log in. Suppose I want to add a new computer with the name OC11 to the the Office Computers group (with the latest version of TeamViewer installed on OC11).

How can I stop OC11 from requiring a password every time I or anyone else in my organization needs to connect to OC11?

So far I have grant easy access, and start TeamViewer with Windows checked. I have also disabled anything that mentions password. If I add OC11 to my computers I am not asked for a password, only when I add the computer to a group.

Please help

Answers

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 46 ✭✭

There is a couple things going on here. You have an Office Computers group with machines setup for your easy access and no password. That is great, very secure, and I think an ideal setup. However, when you clear the personal password you are locking those machines down even tighter so that ONLY you can access. If you need other people to access these machines too you will also need a personal password to share with these users.

I could be wrong, but I feel certain if you remove your assigned account, easy access, and clear passwords...it still asks for a password. Which is ideal considering you would be putting a Teamviewer ID on the internet without any password opening up your LAN to the world if someone managed to hit that ID. It would be crazy easy for a hacker to bot ID numbers with no password until they get access somewhere.