Team viewer is increasingly being blocked in many organisations

Options

Team viewer is increasingly being blocked in many organisations (Government).

If Team viewer doesn't work there is no point to me RE-subscribing.

YES. I am a paid business subscriber for TEAMVIEWER.

I will have to look for another remote support solution that does work.

Anyone got any workarounds?

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,613 Moderator
    Options

Hi @JayBurleigh,

Thank you for contacting us in TeamViewer Community!

May I ask what error message did you see on TeamViewer when you had "block" activity from TeamViewer connections?

As you have mentioned about TeamViewer license, can you check whether you have signed in TeamViewer with the licensed account please?

Additionally, if you would like to get information about license activation, kindly check out this knowledge article about Activation.

At last, you may connect TeamViewer Support Team for individual assistance too.

Hope my suggestion above will give you some hints on solving the "Block"!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • JayBurleigh
    JayBurleigh Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

No error message. Nothing occurs on the clients screen after they double click the Team Viewer. I have asked them to minimise other apps on their screen, they couldn't see any team viewer window.

I have talked them through downloading and using another version of TeamViewerQS which gives the same result as above.

I have several goverment clients and it is happening on more of them.

I suspect the application has been blocked.

The users do not have admin privleges and neither do I.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,613 Moderator
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @JayBurleigh,

Thank you for getting to us with more information.

It sounds the "block" relates to the internet settings at the remote side. TeamViewer has the port settings in uses.

On the other hand, Thank you @AlenaC for sharing the tips too.

Every organization or company defines which tools and software should use by their employees and set up their devices accordingly.

If your organization or your clients do not allow TeamViewer to remote control a device, I would recommend getting in contact with the corresponding IT department.

If you need more information about Security and TeamViewer please read:

👉️Security Statement

Still, we highly recommend you to contact TeamViewer Support Team for instant communication too.

If you are experiencing any difficulties on contacting the support agent, kindly share your information via Private Message then we will help you further.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员