Can't seem to get it to auto start when I reboot since moving to Windows 11.

Options
langy_large
langy_large Posts: 6 ✭✭

Since windows 10 upgrade to 11 teamviewer will not autostart when I reboot or startup the PC. It worked on windows 10 and no settings have been changed. The unattended access start teamviewer option is set correctly.

Best Answer

• langy_large
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi,

I think the problem is the UAC ('User Account Control) and have overcome the problem by creating a task schedule with highest privileges and then created a shortcut in windows startup directory.

Here's how -

1. In Task Scheduler, right-click "Task Scheduler Library" and select "New Folder" Name it whatever you would like.
    2. Select the new folder and click "Create Task" (not "Create Basic Task")
    3. Name the task something descriptive. Enable "Run with highest privileges," and select your OS under "Configure for."
    4. Under the Actions tab, select "Start a program" in the Action dropdown if it isn't already. Click Browse and find your app's .exe file (usually under Program Files on your C: drive).
    5. On your desktop, right click and select New > Shortcut.
    6. Paste 'C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /RUN /TN "Name of folder\Name of task" into the text box.
    7. I then copied this shortcut to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

This stops the 'User Account Control' message and runs Teamviewer at startup.

The "Task Scheduler Library" info I found on the net via How to Eliminate UAC Prompts for Specific Applications (lifehacker.com) so can't take credit for this.

So problem resolved. There maybe a better way, but this worked!

Cheers for previous advice,

Paul

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,087 Moderator β˜‘
    Options

Hello @langy_large ,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! πŸŽ‰

πŸ‘‰ I'm not sure if you checked the Windows Startup Apps, but you may want to double-check there if TeamViewer is set as on.

Let me know if it solved the problem, or if you need additional help πŸ˜‰

Best,

Carol πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦°πŸŒ·

Portuguese Community Moderator

• langy_large
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion but this is set correctly to on and I still have a problem.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

HelloΒ @langy_largeΒ , πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for checking!

Could you confirm to me that you are using the latest version of TeamViewer (15.29.4) and the latest update of Win 11?

According to the article below, it is supported on Win 11 (21H2)

If it's not updated, could you update it, and try it again?

Best,

Carol πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦°πŸŒ·

• langy_large
    Options

Hi, Thank you for helping. I did need to update to the latest version of TeamViewer (15.29.4) and rebooted but no change. I am using windows 11 pro. Could that possibly be the issue?

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

HelloΒ @langy_largeΒ , πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

Thanks for the feedback and for trying the update.

Using Win 11 pro should not be the issue as long as it is updated as well.

πŸ‘‰ Could you check one extra piece of information?

1) If you search and open "run"

2) then type "services.msc" and OK.

3) In the window, could you ensure TeamViewer is there and the startup type is "automatic"?

I will wait for your reply. πŸ˜‰

Best,

Carol

• langy_large
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for responding. Yes TeamViewer is there in services.msc and the startup type is "automatic"

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hello! πŸ˜„

Okay...

So, before we go too technical here, I would like to ask you to:

πŸ‘‰ try to uninstall TeamViewer and remove all settings

Then install it again (please make sure to select 64-bit or 32-bit accordingly to your device's need). You can download it here.

Try to set up TeamViewer to Start with Windows one more time, and reboot the computer.

(Please keep in mind that if you had easy access, you will need to configure it again. Also, if the ID changes for whatever reason, you will need to add it to your computer and contact list again.)

Let me know if this fixes the problem! πŸ€πŸ€ž

Best,

Carol πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

• langy_large
    Options

Hi Carol (my helpful friend),

I followed your instructions , including remove settings and no change. Still the same issue.

However not sure if this may be problem but when I run teamviewer manually I have to reply 'Yes' to a 'user account control' screen before it loads. I do have admin rights to this PC and did install as administrator but am wondering if it's a security problem?

Thanks

Paul

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi Paul, πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for testing things out!

Sorry that we still couldn't get to a solution... Honestly, the issue you're having is quite intriguing to me... πŸ€”

πŸ‘‰ Do you have Windows S mode on? If you have, could you try to turn it off, and see if it works?

I'm not sure if you also have any special security program or antivirus that could be causing it, but you can attempt to close their service for a test with TeamViewer.

If this fails, there is one more thing I know we can try...

Let me know how it goes. πŸ€πŸ€žπŸ€πŸ€ž

Best,

Carol

• langy_large
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi,

I think the problem is the UAC ('User Account Control) and have overcome the problem by creating a task schedule with highest privileges and then created a shortcut in windows startup directory.

Here's how -

1. In Task Scheduler, right-click "Task Scheduler Library" and select "New Folder" Name it whatever you would like.
    2. Select the new folder and click "Create Task" (not "Create Basic Task")
    3. Name the task something descriptive. Enable "Run with highest privileges," and select your OS under "Configure for."
    4. Under the Actions tab, select "Start a program" in the Action dropdown if it isn't already. Click Browse and find your app's .exe file (usually under Program Files on your C: drive).
    5. On your desktop, right click and select New > Shortcut.
    6. Paste 'C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /RUN /TN "Name of folder\Name of task" into the text box.
    7. I then copied this shortcut to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

This stops the 'User Account Control' message and runs Teamviewer at startup.

The "Task Scheduler Library" info I found on the net via How to Eliminate UAC Prompts for Specific Applications (lifehacker.com) so can't take credit for this.

So problem resolved. There maybe a better way, but this worked!

Cheers for previous advice,

Paul

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Fantastic! πŸ€©πŸ’―βœ¨

Congrats on finding a solution Paul!!!

πŸ₯³πŸŽˆ πŸ™ŒπŸŽ‰

And thank you for sharing it with me and other users of the Community! 🌎

I feel happy that it's working again for you.

If you have any future questions, just open a new discussion.

Have a great day! 🌞🌷

Best,

Carol πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦°

• MarkApeSoftware
    MarkApeSoftware Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 30
    Options

I had exactly the same issue and langy_large's solution worked for me as well. And yes, I tried all the other solutions first. I'm using MS Windows 11 Home edition.

• Nevermind. Made it worse. Now I can't connect at all because it says no physical monitor detected and sometimes asks for a password even though it's a managed device. Right now, it simply looks like managed devices are not a thing with TV.