Moving/Reassign PC's from one group to another - Without reinstalling.

PatrickHK
PatrickHK Posts: 1
edited May 2022 in General questions

Hi forum.

This is my first post in here, and since i'm fluent in english, i apologize in advance :-)

The case is that, we are using Teamviewer 15 host on our client PC's and it works great.

The problem i'm having is that i have some Group sort out the different PC's and it's functions.

But because i'm not the person who made the group i cant get policies to work, either they are not present in the management console or they are applied, but not used.

So the solution i was advised to use is to make a new group and then reinstall Teamviewer on the affected PC's - Well this is where i hit the first wall.

I've optained an uninstall script from the Teamviewer support - But the problem is that Teamviewer is indeed uninstalled - But it still shows up in "Add/remove programs" so when i try to deploy the new installation - It failed, because it thinks that there is something installed already.

So... My question in short - There is any script or anything that i can run to reassign a PC from etc. the group IT to the group HK PC - So that my policies will apply.

I've used this to install Teamviewer in the first place

"msiexec.exe /i "\\xxxxxx\itshare$\Software.Repository\TeamViewer\HK Teamviewer\TeamViewer-xxxxxxx.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx APITOKEN=xxxxxxxxx ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --alias %COMPUTERNAME% --group-id gxxxxxxxx --grant-easy-access"

"