IOS remote into Mac looping on lock screen

Options
royman0
royman0 Posts: 1
edited May 2022 in Mobile

Having a weird issue when trying to remote into my mac from my iphone. My mac has is usually locked (but not logged out) when I am away and remoting in..so when logging in with the ios app the mac authentication screen pops up. I enter my username and password and then it quickly unlocks (I can see my desktop) and then it quickly relocks. If I try again it just loops this.

I just tried to remote access when my mac was not locked and it was able to see the screen just fine without the issue. Seems to be just when its locked.

Mac OS version 10.15.7 and TeamViewer 15.29.4 H

Iphone 13pro IOS 15.4.1 and TeamViewer app 15.30.2010 CL

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @royman0

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

I was unable to replicate this using my iPhone 12Pro and macOS Big Sur; when the screen was locked I was able to log in with no issue. To be safe, I also tested from the main login screen (completely logged out of the current user on macOS) and was also able to log in without experiencing any loop as you mentioned.

I do believe, however, that there may be an update for your macOS TeamViewer - if this is still the version that is installed please check for an update. If the device is updated then please perform a full removal and re-installation of TeamViewer.

To be safe, please verify the .plist files are removed prior to re-install.

If at all possible, please try connecting to another Mac in a similar way and see if the issue exists in that connection as well - this will help us figure out the root of the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---