Teamviewer 12 host doesn't start under Debian

Hello I got a problem to make TeamViewer host work under our special Debian OS based on Jessie version (2015-05-24).

Installation works fine but when we want to start the deamon or launch setup we have a segmentation fault error : 

16:31 root@SNOWsatVehicle.snowsat.com/root
[1025] > teamviewer deamon start

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Starting network process (no daemon)
boost assertion failed: px != 0 in /mnt/dev/TVLib/TV12/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:typename boost::detail::sp_member_access<T>::type boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->() const [with T = tvhelper::RecurringTimer; typename boost::detail::sp_member_access<T>::type = tvhelper::RecurringTimer*], line 693
/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/tvw_exec: line 40: 31410 Segmentation fault "$TV_BIN_DIR/teamviewerd" -n -f
Network process already started (or error)
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...
Segmentation fault

When I look in strace stack I see a lot of brk error which means that it may be a problem due to RAM access ?

Also this OS is designed for embedded software so it doesn't have any desktop package like gnome, mate or kde 

Comments

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear Thomas_Snow,

Thank you for your post.

May you please run the following commands to understand your system?

We will like to make sure that TeamViewer is able to run in your embedded setup.

cat /proc/cpuinfo

We are looking forward to your comments.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear Thomas_Snow,

Perfect so your processor is compatible with TeamViewer i386 version that's perfect.

What modifications made your Debian version different from the basic one?

Did you compile your own kernel? Is it a minimal installation or headless?

Please describe your system so we are able to reproduce your issue.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • Hi.

The develloper that handles the OS for our embedded systems tolds me that it's a minimal installation.

It's a net install without desktop. He has just install few package over the minimal installation like server X to be able to display some windows.

In an other way can you tell me what packages and dependencies are needed to run TeamViewer on debian considering that almost no extra stuff are installed on our minimal OS.

Regards.