Teamviewer Host

Options
Kurtmin
Kurtmin Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in General questions

Hi,

I am trying to use Teamviewer Host but all it allows me to do is connect to the device, I am unable to remote control to the device

Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 972 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Kurtmin,

Thank you for your post! 🙌

You will need to check different options, according to the device.

1️⃣ First, on your local device: please check the settings Advanced settings for connections to other computers and select Full Access as below:

2️⃣ If the issue remains, on the remote device: please check the settings Advanced settings for connections to this computer and select Full Access. To access the Host options, click on the gear icon ⚙️ as shown below:

If the Access Control settings are both on Full Access and you still can't control the remote device, please let us know to investigate further 😊

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• Kurtmin
    Kurtmin Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Already tried all of that, we used to use Quicksupport in the past but that needed user intervention which was not practical, host gives us the option for remote control with no user intervention which is why I am trying to use it

• Salenley
    Salenley Posts: 1
    Options

The same issue happen with me What Should we do any video Tutorial, any document that would be helpful....

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 972 Moderator
    Options

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply @Kurtmin and for jumping in @Salenley 🙂

Do you have the same issue if you connect to another remote device from the same local machine?

I would also need to know: when you connect to the remote device, do you arrive on the lock screen, or is the Windows user session already open?

💡 Little tip: if it is possible for you, you can check if the keyboard answer. Indeed, if you can tap something but the mouse itself is not responding and the material is Bluetooth on the remote side, you can try to:

• change the USB port where the material dongle is plugged
    • check if you need to charge or change the battery of the material

After that, please try to connect and control the remote machine.

I hope that you'll be able to control the device with those advices,

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator