Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.52. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v15.33.7

Justin
Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]
edited September 2022 in TeamViewer Remote

Operating system: Windows

Version: 15.33.7

Release date: 2022-08-23

New features

• For Tensor license customers, FIDO-based authentication devices plugged into the local computer can now be recognized and used by the remote computer. Learn more

Bugfixes

• Fixed a bug that sometimes caused an error message when clicking on an existing group chat for the first time, for TeamViewer clients using Italian
  • Fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening the Advanced page in the TeamViewer options.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented video content from showing in remote control connections on Windows 7

German Community Moderator

Tagged:

Comments

• Aditza
    Aditza Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

it's a bit of a disappointment that TeamViewer decided to lock down FIDO / WebAuthn security key forwarding behind a Tensor license - (it is not allowed even for LAN-Only systems - just tried it), and just as Google finished publishing an open-source implementation of WebAuthn forwarding for its **Third Party Product** ... see issue 1225870 for the Chromium project, issue which was marked as finished/complete on June 21st.

For the past year my installed **Third Party Product** already contained the FIDO / WebAuthn forwarding components (and they were regularly updated too) but it was not enabled yet - it's in the final stages of validation and testing at Google and soon (hopefully) it will be enabled for everyone.

• escondidos
    escondidos Posts: 2 ✭✭

Looks like this release is broken. It will no longer complete a connection between any two systems across local network, Internet and/or VPN. It is hanging at the "Initializing display parameters" trying to make a connection. This is on system running assorted builds of Windows 10, latest updates on Windows 11, latest updates on Server 2019 Datacenter, etc. Not looking good.

• Aditza
    Aditza Posts: 15 ✭✭

FIDO2 follow-up:

With KB5017380 published on September 15th (Windows 10 Build 19044.2075 Release Preview) Microsoft has now enabled FIDO2 WebAuthn redirection built-in directly in the Windows **Third Party Product** and it also supports FIDO2 Azure Active Directory authentication.

...so, locking up TeamViewer's FIDO2/WebAuthn functionality behind a Tensor license is even more of a disappointment / odd move now.

• toknu
    toknu Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to download this version 15.33.7 because I have problems with the new version 15.34.4

Where can I download it?

Thanks