Turning on Remote Desktop disables Ctrl-Alt-Del in Teamviewer

Options

I have an RDS server that as soon as I enable "Allow Remote Connections to this computer" in system properties then ctrl-alt-delete will not work when I am using Teamviewer - either at the logon screen or once logged in by sending the key commands via vcenter remote console. Any ideas what I am missing?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @jasonpo,

Great to see you posting for the first time!

You need to make sure that Send key combinations is ticked in your TeamViewer settings:

Once it's ticket, all key combinations should work fine.

Let me know if this could help!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• hardbreaker
    hardbreaker Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jean,

German ?

My remote computer refuses since two days the reception of CTRL-ALT-DEL. I already SET the exact option (on local too but still no effect).

I plan a vacation in two days ... so it's really urgent ...

Can you help?

Thanks

/Jesko

• hardbreaker
    hardbreaker Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 15
    Options

Hello,

I am aware of the option to send the special keys, but this does NOT help. Other special keys are recognized.

Host is WIN11, remote Win10.

Other functionality works as wroking when computer has no lock screen, but most problematic is, when it is locked: I can connect, get the background, but no "password" field as the key sequence is not send(?) or refused to receive(?) - even set by the Menu-Items in TV or the ICON provided for that.

If I connect to an unlocked computer I can work as normal. Pressing the "send CTRL-ALT-DEL" leads to NO REACTION on remote side :-( no lock screen appears or menu for PW change or anything else. Just nothing.

If the computer is locked, I cannot log in!

A sequence like <ALT>+<TAB> from remote is accepted and executed (in unlocked state).

Addendum: This worked before I updated 2 days ago.

Please help ... I want to have vacation/holidays in two days!

Thanks!

/Jesko

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @hardbreaker,

What you can try is to use our dedicated Send Ctrl + Al + Del function.

You can use it from the Actions menu, within the remote session toolbar.

Let me know if this works for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager