Activation Failure

Options
Johnathan_Lea
Johnathan_Lea Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Licensing

I previously chose the wrong subscription type (Business). I contacted support and had that subscription terminated. I then subscribed for the Remote Access that I intended to in the beginning. The customer portal now shows only the Remote Access license, but when I sign in on the app, it shows only the Free license. Trying to follow the activation link in the activation email gives a message that there's already a license activated on my account. If it's activated, why isn't it being used when I log in?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Johnathan_Lea,

Congrats on your first post! πŸ™Œ

There must be an issue with the activation.

Please submit a support ticket ➜ Open a ticket

Our team will be happy to fix the issue for you.

/Jean

Community Manager

• Johnathan_Lea
    Options

When I click your "Open a ticket" link I'm redirected to https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/5274/teamviewer-s-new-and-improved-support-structure/p1.

That page has a "submit a ticket" link https://support.teamviewer.com/a/ that sends me to a login page that won't log in. After inputting the correct username/password stored in my password manager and completing the captcha, it goes to a "logging in" page, then briefly goes to a "loading" page that resembles a support page with placeholders for everything, then redirects back to the login page. No matter how many times I try to login or close and reopen my web browser, the login won't complete. I can't submit a support ticket.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @Johnathan_Lea,

Thank you for getting back.

In this case, I would recommend using the chat.

You just need to go toΒ https://www.teamviewer.com/Β and use the chat feature at the right bottom corner of the page.

Our team will be happy to help.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Johnathan_Lea
    edited November 2022
    Options

The home page didn't have a chat option as you pictured, so I chose the chat link in the drop-down menu from my user icon at the top right. It took me to this page that indicated there was no license on my account.

I initiated a chat through that "Issues signing in" section using my invoice number. Nobody responded after 1 hour and 40 minutes. I guess customers who work night shift don't count.

Since that page said there was no license on my account, I tried again to activate but I got the same error that there was already a license on my account. I only have one email account at work, so I can't simply use a different account.

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @Johnathan_Lea,

I am sorry that you couldn't get any help when needed.

However, I can confirm that our support is not available during the night.

Could you please try reaching us during the day? Our team will be happy to help you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Johnathan_Lea
    Options

I opened a new chat session several hours ago and am still waiting for a response. I'm occasionally posting that I'm still waiting. It's now after 8:00am and I've been waiting for a response since 1:17am. There's nothing on the support page to say what their hours are (as you can see from my screenshot).

• Johnathan_Lea
    edited November 2022
    Options

You must be out in Europe somewhere to be responding when you are if nobody works at night. I'd guess Germany from your screenshot. Do they only group support agents by country rather than what languages they can support? You're doing well with English despite not being in England, USA, or other primarily English-speaking nation. I would have expected that plenty of people in Europe who speak English could support English speakers around the world during European daytime hours (which would start very early morning for me, being -5 GMT). I may be working night shift in the USA, but that overlaps a lot of the daytime hours in Europe.

• Johnathan_Lea
    edited November 2022
    Options

9:51am and still no chat response. I've been clocked out at work for almost 2 hours after working an hour late to try to give the support people a chance to respond while I was still on the clock.

• Johnathan_Lea
    Options

There must not be any team. It's after 10:00am CST. Even if they were all in California they'd be at work by now, and I would certainly be at the front of the queue after waiting for nearly 9 hours.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @Johnathan_Lea,

I am so sorry about the bad support experience.

At TeamViewer, we offer support in the US, so you should be able to reach someone during working hours.

Could you still reach no one so far via phone?

Community Manager

• Johnathan_Lea
    Options

10 hours of waiting for chat response, now. Remote access doesn't include phone support, so I can't even get to a human on the phone.

• Johnathan_Lea
    Options

It took 11 hours of waiting to finally get someone. 10 hours with the (second) chat session I started at 1:17 and another hour after starting over with the third chat session. Make that 12.6 hours if you include the hour and forty minutes of the first chat session.

• JeanK
    Options

I'm so sorry it took so long for you.

Could you at least get help and fix your issue?

/JeanK

Community Manager