Duplicate Device Groups - My Managed Devices

Options

This morning all my users were prompted to Start Migration of their TeamViewer device (I do not see that I, as the admin, received any prior notification of this change!).

So now I have all of my normal groups with the appropriate computers assigned permissions for the appropriate users, but I have new groups (with subgroups) and all systems marked with multiple group associations. It appears that the permissions of which users can control which devices is still in place, but

So... what's the deal? I don't want to maintain multiple groups unless there is a tangible benefit to doing so. It appears that it will now update TeamViewer (and ONLY TeamViewer?!?) automatically which is nice, however it is solving a problem that is nice to have, but don't necessarily need if it is going to cause other issues.

Answers

• mattybrown
    mattybrown Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

Same here! Everything under "Device Groups" only has a Description in the Properties dialog and these devices cannot be removed via the TeamViewer app at least.

I don't understand why computers are listed like this, but like @randy1616randy, it appears to have happened after I accepted the migration.

Is this something that will be resolved in a future version, or is this meant to be useful in some way?

• Alex_Antoniades
    Alex_Antoniades Posts: 1
    edited March 2023
    Options

This is a terrible change! My team access devices and move them between groups on their Windows app and phone app. I've been told by teamviewer support this is no longer possible to do anywhere but in the management console!

The management console is not responsive to phones, so thats not an option. WHY DID TEAMVIEWER remove this option from the apps?? They ruined a perfectly good system? I'm now paying for something that is utterly useless to me.

Teamviewer, if you read this, please re-enable the ability to move devices to different groups in the windows and mobile apps!