Use of team viewer free to support a blind friend 3000 miles away who lives alone.

Options

Support of a blind friend from 3000 miles away. Also help friends 75-95 with computer problems. I am a retired engineer so people tend to come to me for help. This is a good application to support a blind person as I can access a camera on his computer when needed to read medication labels etc. I buy him lunch weekly, ordering for delivery throuh his computer. I am looking for an easier way to access his computer as getting the password means he has to use JAWS to find it, copy it into notepad, then repeat it to me one letter at a time. Also looking to get into his Iphone as he rarely uses it due to the sight limitations. Had the store download team viewer on his iphone, but we have not figured out how to tell siri to open it and read the password and account verbally. Kind of frustrating.

Interested in ways to continue this for eldery with the free version I charge nothing and spend my retirement time helping when asked. Keeps me sharp ( i am 74). when we started doing this tem viewer thought I was a business and killed my account for 6 monthis till I got that worked out. Don't want that to happen again, My friend will get hungry :)

Todd

Answers

• toddj68
    toddj68 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

possibly there is a blind team viewer community we can join?

Helping eldery with old computers is tricky, there must be a way I can reboot and regain the connection when the computer becomes alive again.

I would be interested in seeing team viewer linked to an AI chat bot to get "on target" help in real time.

As a retired engineer I have been exploring AI and see many ways it can be used in the future.

• toddj68
    toddj68 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Forgot to mention that my friend taught computing to the blind for awile and is expert at the integration of the JAWS screen reader for the blind on computers. (when I help him we have to turn it off as the reader drives me nuts.....)

• Vio1
    Vio1 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I have almost the same problems, accessing the tablets of my mom (86 years, blind and living alone) and my aunt (89 years and living alone). Till the update in june 2023 (ver. 15) was ... ok. Now, the android tablets are going away/offline, and I cannot access them any more - big frustration :-( . Could you find out, what could be the solution? Greetings from Germany