Why is new TV icon black?

Options
Labsy
Labsy Posts: 40 ✭✭

Why did you change TeamViewer icon color from blue to black? I can understand some general design changes, but why changing to black? Is it dead or what?

Comments

• bmac39
    bmac39 Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Options

Same issue with colors here, all the older people who I support are FREAKED OUT by the "dead icon" (black) - they are certain they got hacked or their "lifeline" program no longer works. Can't seem to convince them otherwise, now they want another program that "isn't dead"; here we go down the **Third Part Product** route instead - all because of an icon color!

• dynamaxx19
    dynamaxx19 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

This was my first post on here ever and have been using teamviewer for years for multiple companies as well as personal use. I never thought so many people would jump on board with the idea about the icon. Thank you for the support everyone.

• Meditechnician
    Meditechnician Posts: 1
    Options

Why did TV change the icon color? As a security tech l notice things like this and wonder if something is going on in the background. Did they announce this color change? If they didn't that's poor form.

• MWi
    MWi Posts: 1
    Options

I can only agree with that. We, too, have had customers who have expressed concern about the change in logo color. Blue has a signaling effect for us because the proportion of blue receptors in the eye is significantly lower compared to those for red and green. Changing the color of this logo is like 'Apple' suddenly having a pear logo. In a constantly changing world, a reliable constant is needed. Changing this logo shakes up a fundamental certainty. Can customers still trust their service provider and the tools they use?

Please change back the logo color.

• RolandM
    RolandM Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

I want the bright blue color back! 🙏

• goosee007
    goosee007 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

I noticed that Teamviewer has updated the color scheme of TV's apps icon. If the users are using dark mode on their OS, the short cut is barely visible on the taskbar. Did any of the QAs notice this before having the app owner sign off on this? They should have recognized this in UAT while testing that you can't tell if the shortcut is visible in the taskbar/menu. Can you make an option to use the classic version color scheme of the TV icon? I've attached a screenshot of the task bar.  

• dynamaxx19
    dynamaxx19 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

So i am wondering if they are even reading this thread and if they are actually going to fix it at this point.

• HAL9001
    HAL9001 Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Options

Bring back the original icon color back! I can't find the teamviewer in the taskbar. Why did you even change it? Did someone complain?

• DPSSupport
    DPSSupport Posts: 1
    Options

Is there anyway to change it back to BLUE, driving me mad!

• OV_IT
    OV_IT Posts: 1
    Options

this is so true!

• ottenm
    ottenm Posts: 1
    Options

Hands down! The obnoxiousness level on the new/grotesque black icon: 700. (that's on a scale of 1-10)

It looks dead, broken, and remarkably, also harder to find.

What a colossal/frustrating waste of time to be forced to seek out this thread and contribute to it.

PLEASE FIX THIS.

• QSRSolutions
    QSRSolutions Posts: 1
    Options

Hi, today is my birthday. Can we PLEASE have the original coloured icons back. That is all I want for my birthday.

• jeffjjeffj
    jeffjjeffj Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Agree, it is a little thing but I can't find it now!

• Steveunique
    Steveunique Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Options

Upvote on this change the colour back, its a Pain in the backside hunting for it when you have multiple screens

• krit
    krit Posts: 1
    Options

Please change it back to Bright Blue.

• AtilaS
    AtilaS Posts: 1
    Options

We want the Blue back !

• MHit
    MHit Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Now with the latest (appalling) update, it's mostly white with the dark middle, completely opposite to the taskbar icon!

It's a nightmare to find!

Please sort yourselves out and be consistent!

• Napkinholder
    Napkinholder Posts: 1
    Options

First time logging into this website as far as I know - I've had TeamViewer for a very long time and I came here to see if there was a purpose behind changing the color to be so dark.

It's honestly very bad. It isn't just that it's "change" but it's really difficult to see the icon. It would be really nice to change it back, just such a weird color to choose... but it also looks like this website has updated their colors to be this dark color as well, it's just as bad.

• gtai
    gtai Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

something is seriously wrong with their developing team..

the latest update is a joke and the icon now you can bearly see , most of my clients are saying they dont have teamviewerinstalled anymore as they can't find it .

well done , and please TeamViewer , make sure you pay bouns to your Exec team well

• AlatCRL
    AlatCRL Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Does anyone know how to get the the old icon back? The new one is joke, not! I' m getting fed up at having to explain to to customers that the icon has been changed how to find it.