Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.58. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v15.41.7

2»

Comments

• braydan
    braydan Posts: 1

For those that want a quick and easy fix, Past the below into a text file and save it with a .reg file extension, the run it (Make sure teamviewer is closed first) and it will revert to old version without needing to sign in.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer]
    "UIVersion"=dword:00000001

OR

Right click this link and click "Save File As"

teamviewer-revert-to-old-interface.reg

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bmwillrath/teamviewer-revert-to-old-interface/main/teamviewer-revert-to-old-interface.reg

• ChrisBedford
    ChrisBedford Posts: 9
    edited June 2023

"...it's even easier now"

What utter nonsense. [removed per Community Guidelines]

You've clearly never had to deal with actual real-world users who can't tell the difference between googling for a website and entering a URL, can't read the actual words on a website screen, have no idea what web browse they are using, don't see what happens when they click a download link, and don't know where to find downloaded files.

No, it absolutely is NOT easier. Just the part about having to log into TeamViewer website _just to set software options_ is ABSOLUTE **bleep**. At the absolute minimum, that requires multiple stages of "device verification" back and forth which is easier *HOW, EXACTLY?*

I'm normally very patient with changes and am able to deal with the many and bizarre requirements of various software companies but nothing has made me as angry as this latest set of changes at TeamViewer. It's a TOTAL FAIL which is not even mitigated by any additional convenience or security. Why the actual **bleep** should we have to re-learn all the procedures we have used for a decade just because some marketing droid decided the software needed a facelift?

This was change for the sake of change. *ROLL IT BACK.*

• Please make "grant easy access" available in the new interface. do not force me to sign in on the new interface and get greeted with "you don't have enough licenses". grant easy access is only used in my case to support remote desktops off hours in unattended mode when users are not in the office.

old interface have this feature, new does not. please stop trying to milk customers into more licenses.

• How is it that I can't get the new interface ? In the beginnen I use it but it's gone.

I did a reinstall en also tried it on a windows device, both disappeared at the next start up. We got the tensor basic since a couple weeks now.

• "How is it that I can't get the new interface ? In the beginnen I use it but it's gone."

🤷‍♂️ Why would you want to?

What possible advantage does it provide?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,028 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @khakhovich,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🙂

I think I know where the issue you have is coming from. The problem is that you are installing the TeamViewer full version on the remote computer, and then you sign in with your account on this device to assign it. This will indeed consume a license move. However, this is not how easy access (unattended access) should be set up.

The best practice for setting up unattended access is to install TeamViewer Host on the remote computer. After opening the Host, you can click the Manage device button. You'll be able to assign the Host to your account, but this will not consume any license moves from your license.

We explain how to set up unattended access here: Provide unattended remote support

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• This has to set a new record for response time. Post asking the question: 23/6. Reply: 8/12. Two weeks short of 6 months. Well done Teamviewer, another example of great customer support.