The new UI is horrible...

Options

Comments

• Xoxa
    Xoxa Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    Options

**Bleep**!!! Way to screw some decent piece of software guys! What are you taking advice from Tim Cook? I had to run to **Third Party Product**, this thing is unusable, I couldn't even get my clients to start the app!

We had a good run TeamViewer! Too bad all good things come to an end :(

PS: Maybe, just maybe, consider UX the next time!

• SleepySupport34
    SleepySupport34 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Bring back the old UI.. absolutely useless to me if they leave it like this

• WISEIT
    WISEIT Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

I agree with every point above except AndreB85.

New should be better, not worse, but modern UI programmers seem to live in a different world as sadly this is becoming commonplace now. The new Teamviewer UI is a bodgie dog's breakfast (Aussie slang)

• Bodgie (Adjective) Usually used to describe something that has poor quality, and is therefore really bad.
    • Dog's Breakfast (Noun) A term used to describe when something is so bad that it is a complete mess.

I have been a Teamviewer user for almost 10 years, 7 years as a Premium subscriber. I stuck with Teamviewer even though it is expensive because it works - it was efficient and reliable. Looks like it's time to change. Unless Teamviewer revert back to what was tried and tested and loved by its users I will not be renewing in August.

I wonder if Teamviewer actually read these posts.

• SleepySupport34
    SleepySupport34 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Bring back the standard layout. How the **bleep** am I ment to guide why user over the phone to install this is insane

• ZGralewski
    ZGralewski Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

yes, it doesn't fit even on my vertical screen and when i connect to remote pc the resolution jumps to 800x600 and I can't set new resolution as I was able in the old version

this new teamviewer has less functions than classic one

• BR_CH
    BR_CH Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Options

The new UI is horrible.

I expect a statement from TeamViewer on how to proceed.

• Geoffve
    Geoffve Posts: 1
    Options

Absolutely destroyed a perfectly good piece of software.

As said in other threads, UI is terrible to navigate and clumsy.

Not impressed.

• AndreB85
    AndreB85 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

LOL :D

Do you realize that I was the one who started this thread and actually brought points up that were bad, unlike you, who's just crying out loud?

+ the part that you might not agree with was actually a proposed (probably temporary) solution to the issues some were facing. Not to mention that I've even researched and provided the registry key to switch back to the old UI :)

• qd_skennedy
    qd_skennedy Posts: 1
    Options

100% agreed; new UI is a train wreck.

I was a happy TV customer before the update, now I'm researching their competitors.

• WISEIT
    edited May 2023
    Options

Sorry AndreB85, I understand you are trying to be helpful. I was a bit unfair but I am just so livid that Teamviewer would ruin what worked fine. I lodged a support ticket with Teamviewer and the following is what I got - what a copout. It's obvious they don't give a rat's arse about their users. They did not respond to my concerns and I never asked them to terminate auto renewal. They are basically saying too bad so sad, tough **bleep** - if you don't like it bye bye. In the past their customer service was great but this response has let them down IMO.

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, the old interface will be turned off soon, then only the new interface will be available. As per your request we have terminated auto renewal for your Premium subscription, effective 2/08/2023. Your license will remain available until this date, after which it will be deactivated.

Our developers are working hard to improve the functionality of the new interface. If you are satisfied with our future updates and would like to continue your subscription, please feel free to contact us. 

Thank you for being a TeamViewer customer.  

• DG_SB
    DG_SB Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    Options

Wasn't even a major release number change. Just an .x 'incremental', not a change to 16 which is SHOULD HAVE BEEN and the entire UI is hacked up.

That is bad, bad software road mapping resulting in a terrible customer experience. At least you saw fit to put an option in now to go back to the BETTER interface. But, in the new one, make it even easier to find, like (hey, wanna use the new, **bleep**, multi-layer buried features interface? Or the BETTER old one) when you launch the software.

The new one is terrible, did we mention that?

• BrooklynFire
    BrooklynFire Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

I really wish Team Viewer didn't keep trying to make using their software more difficult. New interface is an absolute nightmare. Just show people their ID and Password on the FIRST screen instead of trying to trick them into creating an account. So shady...

Most of the people we help using Team Viewer are not exactly the brightest or most tech savvy. These are unnecessary steps instead of just giving them the information they need.

THIS is what it should look like:

• Kdian
    Kdian Posts: 1
    Options

New interface is atrocious. Trying to talk to an end user to find the user ID and password. Keep it on the first screen without prompting to create an account.

• acampbell116
    acampbell116 Posts: 1
    Options

As of 15.41.9 it appears this has been moved to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer\DefaultSettings

Same values apply to UIVersion . 2 = classic UI 4 = new UI.

Posting this for anyone that is on this version looking for the reg value

• WISEIT
    Options

Thanks acampbell116.

Here's my latest response to tech support;

A very disappointing response indeed which did not really address my concerns.

I did not ask for auto renewal to be cancelled either but that’s fine, you obviously want me to leave.

Your developers will have to work overtime to fix this right royal mess. The fact that they have to ‘work hard to improve functionality of the new interface’ proves that the new interface is a big fail. Paying users should not be the beta testing guinea pigs for an interface that should have been vetted properly before release to public. Maybe they should count their losses and revert back to the previous interface – just a suggestion.

Anyways, I will be watching closely how things develop and whether Teamviewer actually listen to the mounting discontent of their loyal users before my departure in August. Maybe you should read the community posts; https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/129409/the-new-ui-is-horrible

• DanaSkaggs
    DanaSkaggs Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Agreed with all the ranting above ... my company has been using several multi-channel corporate TV accounts for 12 years + to work across dozens of workstations (and hundreds of kiosks) in many international locations and it's been a huge backbone of our company workflow -- but this update is not fit for our purpose and we will cancel our corporate accounts and switch to **Third Party Product** or some other equivalent if this update is not rolled back (or if access to "classic TV interface and workflow" is not maintained.

And the response from support has been abysmal -- I spent 90 minutes on hold the other day wading my way to "1st in queue" and then was summarily hung up on by the phone system, and I've had a ticket logged "being processed" for 5 days with no response. Is anyone still there or did someone just decide to wreck the code, fire the staff and shut the company down for lol's? (has Elon Musk taken over TV now?)

</rant>

• PowerIT
    PowerIT Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

This is the worst update i have seen for a software. I am indeed very frustrated that you ruined a perfectly good software.

Why did you invest in making something more difficult????????????????????????

What used to be a simple intuitive process for anyone to use, especially people who have no idea how to install a software, let alone use it, now has become a garbage with endless clicks on random text just to find the id...

As a wise person said "I guess when the NSA and FBI want to record what people are doing over teamviewer, the user interface had to be changed so as not to detect a third party ip address"

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE it backfires and TEAMVIEWER GOES BANKRUPT. I may be too extreme but in this day and age it is the only way to learn. Look at wokeism backfiring hollywood. This rise in stupidity needs to be stopped ! You have to be accountable for your **bleep** decisions. And who else will make you ? Why of course, us, the clients who pay for the software. With this in mind, my company will no longer pay for this new piece of what used to be beautiful software so as to not say this NEW **bleep** software 😘

This is the way.

• Bodul
    Bodul Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

This is utter **bleep**!!!!

This morning I had to install the host version, which is ok in itself, however, before I linked that host client to my account to add to the list, I changed its name so that in the future, I would be able to find the client that needs to be connected to. My Teamviewer did not recognize my change which worked before. Instead, it uses a computer name. Ok, right-click on that desktop-12345 in my TeamViewer --> Properties --> Description, and nothing; the description is disabled? You can't type anything in it. Well, never mind, I am logging to the management portal, and that computer is not there, neither under desktop-12345 or the name I assigned. This new client simply does not exist in the management portal (something that worked just fine before), but I can see it in my desktop Teamviewer application.

Teamviewer, please, either you change something, or I will. I am not even angry anymore. Now I am just disappointed.

Thank you.

• AndreB85
    AndreB85 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

I think the description part has nothing to do with the new client though. Still I also find this to be utterly **bleep**...

You can't enroll a device (using assignment IDs) and give the "Device Description Permissions". I also find this to be extremely **bleep**! You can't either give that permission on a managed group (which imho would be even smarter).

So in order to have description permission, you need to go to the management console, edit the device, give yourself (and/or device managers) the permission and then set the description.

Why you can't find the device in the management console (after it appeared in your TV client) I'm not really sure though. Have you tried logging into the management console from an incognito browser window? Or did you "real refresh" (CTRL + F5) the page? I do have this issue sometimes and usually ctrl + f5 fixes it for me.

• ViProCon
    ViProCon Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I don't really agree with the part about it being a minor thing to force people to create teamviewer accounts. I do IT consulting and pay for TeamViewer Business. Now, any time I need to add TeamViewer to a customer's computer, what, now I have to push them to create an account so they can start getting Teamviewer promo emails they don't want? Here I am, obligating them to use the remote access solution I prefer, which is fine, except when it crosses the line to where now they're being hassled by a company they care nothing about.

Of course, the IT-driven workaround here will be to create some "couple hundred" dummy Gmail accounts and just assign them one at a time as each new computer is added to my list of managed devices, but I should not have to do that. Why am I paying for TeamViewer Business to manage systems if I have to hassle the user just to have access.

This wasn't thought out too well on their part. Sadly, I'm also the type to really try to understand the realities of things and not put blame where it doesn't belong, but in this case they shifted this product to a design that hides common features, obligates things that create more trouble than they're worth, and FWIW, when I go to Edit a device, there's no option to change it's group membership. That's like, UI Basics 101 that got missed. 😵

• josepicco
    josepicco Posts: 1
    edited April 3
    Options

Customers moving to **Third Party Product** in 3... 2... 1...

• OngoPH
    OngoPH Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

Also, you cant connect to the devices that are on "Standby Mode", in the old version of Teamviewer, you can try to connect on that devices, now in the latest UI, only the 'online devices' you can connect.

• Wizard2023
    Wizard2023 Posts: 1
    Options

Couldn't help myself, had to comment on this.

To the Teamviewer developers:

Just today needed to download the trusty teamviewer free app, for remote support calls my I.T company covers.

I couldn't believe how bad the program is. It was horrible to even install, having to configure an account, verify emails. Then the program opened, and I had absolutely NO IDEA how to connect to another PC.

At first glance, absolutely horrible. Whoever decided to change the UI failed monumentally here.

This experience has immediately made it so unnecessarily complicated.

Used to be able to talk a customer through installation and connection via a phone call, now there is absolutely no chance of that happening.

Major fail. There is no way my company will ever purchase this product now.

Immediately uninstalled, and will never recommend to anybody now. Such a shame, it was perfect before!

• WISEIT
    Options

Well, the problems with this bastardised new version continue. Previously, when connecting to a Host with multiple screens from a device with only one screen you could double-click on any open program on the taskbar and it would bring it into focus on that screen. That no longer works. You now have to change screens and manually drag the open program half-way across, then change screens again and continue dragging it across then maximising again. What a right royal pain. A simple exercise made far more complicated than it should be. Seems to be the theme with this new version.

• Bodul
    Bodul Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

I have no clue why I can't see that new desktop in the management portal, either by computer name or the name I assigned. I can see it only in my Teamviewer application listed with other computers under its computer name. I tried to refresh, I tried ctrl+ F5, and I even tried accessing the management portal from a different computer. Also, I never had such an issue, and I was always able to change the computer name directly in my TeamViewer(giving it alias). What is interesting is that if I right-click on any other computer that has the full client installed and select Properties, I have a lot of options, one of them being Alias. When clicking on the computer that is running the host version on the client's computer, I do not have that option. The only option I have under properties is Description, and even that is disabled (It won't accept any input). Is this normal for the Host version?

This last computer I added I will need to access it only temporarily because the user has a CS degree, and I am only assisting him with something, so I don't care about this one. I can remember its name for a few days. But generally, I really need the option to assign a custom name(Alias) to a computer, otherwise, support won't work very well.