Version 15.x of Teamviewer hangs at Starting TeamViewer ...

Options

I was using the latest version of 14.x but received a message that older versions are no longer supported. I then downloaded the latest version of TeamViewer. The website is calling it the "new and improved" version, but I assume it is 15.x.

It hangs with a nice white splash screen saying "Starting TeamViewer ..."

I have done the following:

• restarted the TeamViewer service
  • Rebooted
  • Un-installed TeamViewer using the FAQ including performing regedit (per FAQ)
  • I have disabled my firewall

It doesn't work. I just get the splash screen and nothing else.

Any help would be apppreciated

Answers

• remington99
    remington99 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry - I should have mentioned that I'm running Windows 11 on an i7 system

• Baph
    Baph Posts: 1
    edited May 2023
    Options

It's related to Microsoft Edge, make sure it's up-to-date and running

• remington99
    remington99 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the feedback.

I have the latest version and I have not blocked the Edge service.

I used Microsoft Power Tools Process Monitor and I can see that it is endless looping looking for a set of registry keys to do with the graphics driver. I made sure my graphics driver is update to date, but no joy. Perhaps they don't fully support Windows 11, or perhaps they don't' support higher-end video cards.

At this point I am looking for alternatives to TeamViewer. It wasn't broke, so I don't see the need to have "fixed" it with the new improved interface.

• TransTechnician
    TransTechnician Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm running the newest version on ubuntu on one of my test builds, a core 2 duo based system from about 2007 with an asus posiedon gtx 780, and I run servers on it. I would like to use teamviewer and it's worked well for me in the past, but on the newes version it completely broke. Any fixes?