New version is horrible... considering alternatives.

Options

Answers

• Reposs
    Reposs Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

So i set up 'unattended Host Access' on my customers PC. I then put in our corporate licence log in email & password. Then the customer would appear on my pc in my list of devices. Is this correct ?

If so then surely if i am talking my customer through this process then i am giving them the log on details to our corporate account.

Also how would you categorize all these devices to make it quick & easy to offer support

thanks in advance

Alan

• J_W_K
    J_W_K Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I see that the old user interface will disappear in 7 months, at which point we will be forced to use the new interface. That is about the time my current contract with TeamViewer will be up for renewal. I will NOT be renewing. We have been a TeamViewer customer for over 10 years. Will be going to another product.

Typical idiocy of this new system, instructions say to send an email to the customer with a link for them to click on to join the session. A full 1/4 to 1/2 of all of our remote calls are because the customer's email system is not working, and they cannot receive emails. With the old system, they just double-click on the TeamViewer QS icon on their desktop, give me the ID and Password, and away we go. Why would they get rid of something that was so easy?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @Reposs,

Thank you for your question.

You don't have to give your customers your login details.

If you want to set up unattended Host access on your customer's device, we recommend installing the Host via a QuickSupport session, as described in the video here:

After the installation, you'll be able to assign the device yourself (during the ongoing remote control session) to your account by following these steps:

You'll find the complete instructions here: Connect to a remote device (unattended access)

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Reposs
    Options

Hi Jean

Thanks for the quick response. We currently have all our users set up with id's & passwords. Will they stay the same. will we still be able to access them moving forwards or will we have to change them all ?

Also with new installation - will we have to set up with our corporate details. i just fear that when we talk to a complete pc literate they will struggle

alan

• Reposs
    Options

Hi Jean

ALso 'instal host via quick support session' what if the end user does not have TV ? We would normally send the 'setup exe for Host & they would give us id & password. SIMPLES !

thanks

alan

• memphiz
    memphiz Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

TeamViewer TEAM: Really user experience is terrible. It make us - administrators, unproffesional in front of our companies.

Three questions:

1. Whats the deal with connect button. (screens above)

The same Host client, 2 different computers in 2 different new created groups. In one case there is "prompt for confirmation" in the other there is lack of this option ????

2. How to start a chat with an and user without starting a session

3. Whats a reason behind don't letting us drag and drop computer object between groups. Clicking 1000 times to do this same job is not user friendly...

• JeanK
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Reposs The Host is also reachable via ID and password in the new version. It's just hidden. You can access the Host's ID and password by clicking Connect with TeamViewer ID, as shown below.

The Host's purpose is to enable experts to connect directly to the end-user without them giving any ID or password, as described in the article I shared with you above. We recommend using the Host this way.

However, it is, as you said, possible to connect to a Host via ID and password. It is up to you to decide what fits best to your needs.

To your second question - when installing the Host via QuickSupport session, the end-user doesn't need to have TeamViewer installed. This is exactly the purpose of the QuickSupport - it's a simple application that doesn't require any installation that you can use to connect.

I hope this helps!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @memphiz,

Thank you for your feedback.

Answering the questions in the same order:

You are right. The Prompt for confirmation button should not be displayed for assigned Hosts. Our team is currentlyΒ checking this.

Starting chats with remote devices is currently not possible with the new interface. However, you can chat with users you added as contacts via the chat functionality.

Regarding drag & drop devices, we have passed the feedback to our dedicated team. They are aware of this need and are evaluating how a solution can be found.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• memphiz
    memphiz Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

Than you for clarifications @JeanK

You wrote:

"The Prompt for confirmation button should not be displayed for assigned Hosts. Our team is currentlyΒ checking this."

Is there a chance that "prompt for confirmation" will remain for assigned host ?

It was most convenient way interact with the remote user. Sending prompt to users lets them prepare for remote session and close applications with sensitive data.

• JeanK
    edited June 2023
    Options

Is there a chance that "prompt for confirmation" will remain for assigned host ?

Let me check this with our dedicated team. I'll get back to you when I have news to share.

If you provide attended support and want your users to have time to prepare for the remote session, the best practice here would be to provide support via session link (and using QuickSupport, instead of the Host), as explained here:

πŸ“„ Provide attended remote support

It would look this way:

1. You send the user a session link.
    2. They know you want to connect so that they can close their sensitive data/applications.
    3. They open the session link, download, and open the QuickSupport.
    4. You connect.

Let me know if this would work for you.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Gregg_Little1
    Gregg_Little1 Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

Before the update, we pushed out a Host for PC's and Laptops via Intune which automatically installed and registered our machines in our TeamViewer console, giving us the ability to support users remotely from day 1.

Since the update, the host is pushed out and installed but the machines do not appear in our console in any of our Groups.

We've tried creating a new Host but makes no difference. I can open the installed Host on a new machine, then open the old style console and manually use Add Computer and input the ID, Alias and assign it to a group to register machines but why is this not working automatically any more? Weirdly though, my Android Host is pushed via Intune and it still works fine for my phones.

Can you please clarify if this functionality has been removed or what we need to do to resolve this issue?

• maisondasilva
    maisondasilva Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

As many say the new interface needs to improve a lot, the dark mode does not save the status when restarting the computer the interface is huge although I have two full hd monitors, it no longer has the ID because this is a differential of teamviewer, computer management is confusing and duplicated, I recommend updating the interface based on the good things of the old interface and when will we have the TeamViewer Host 64bits?

Thanks

• Jpasalis
    Jpasalis Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list of long time users of Team Viewer (going on 6 years) who finds this new user experience horrible for my customers.

I don't need Team Viewer to run on startup or have a personal password for every customer but I would like the option to turn those settings on/off. I feel handcuffed wasting both my customer's time and my time.

It may be time for me to look for a new RMM.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @Gregg_Little1,

It is still possible with the new interface to push Hosts on your infrastructure.

Maybe there is something wrong with the script you are using.

If you are using Intune to deploy software across your devices, I recommend following these instructions:

πŸ“„ Deploy TeamViewer on Device Groups via Microsoft Endpoint Manager

If the issue persists, don't hesitate to get in touch with our customer support: Contact Support Support

Our team will be happy to help!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @Jpasalis,

Thank you for your message!

Setting a personal password on a device is not possible anymore.

To set up unattended access, we recommend installing the TeamViewer Host on the remote device and following these instructions: Provide unattended remote support. πŸ“Œ Note: The Host always starts with the system and runs in the background, as it was created by design to be always accessible.

If you don't want TeamViewer to start with the system and don't run in the background, then assisting your customer via session link/QuickSupport is the best option for you. In this case, please follow these instructions: Provide attended remote support.

If the end-user is running the full client, they can deactivate the Start with Windows parameter in the settings, as shown below:

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'll be happy to assist.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• LakeShore
    LakeShore Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue and a TeamViewer rep said we didn't need a 64-bit host

• FakeName
    FakeName Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options

Hey Jean, how did you manage to open the settings in that gif you linked? Can you start the gif like 40 minutes earlier when you have to create a new account for your grandpa and have to authenticate via his email? And then when he can't figure out what email address he has or what program he uses to access it?

Maybe you can skip that part to where he's got to call his daughter who lives 3 states away in another timezone because he is unable to create an account using his email address since he has terrible eyesight and can't read the screen half the time.

And then skip to the part where he never calls you for support again because you "can't even do anything right" and you lose a customer and get badmouthed all over town.

Can you please explain how this is going to work without saying "use Host for unattended access" because there are a hundred reasons why this may not be feasible.

• maisondasilva
    edited June 2023
    Options

@JeanK I installed the teamviewer host but whenever I leave the computer and enter again a warning appears about if you want to change the random password, what do you need to do to not show this! I saw that the window disappears when I disable the password in security, but what does the option enable single sign-on feature?

Another doubt is because when I create a device group by the https://login.teamviewer.com / device group membership pending appears

Thanks

• Jpasalis
    Jpasalis Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

It does all seem very convoluted, especially compared to how it's been working for the past 10 years.

Apparently we're being forced to use 3 separate options now instead of the "one-fix-all" solution we've been used to.

1 Install the free client for personal use without signing in and either have the customer give you their id and pw or give them a session code (there are no configurable options available).

2 Install the free client and sign up with an email address and password to have access to options (except unattended access).

3 Install the TeamViewer Host which has unattended access but no configurable options on the client side.

I've been thinking about trying different RMM software for a while just because it would be nice to have some more powerful tools to monitor and manage my clients. I'm looking at one that has a ton of features (logging, auditing, and back end management), unlimited agents and mobile support for only $150 a year more. It appears to be time to pull the band aid off and make the switch.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @FakeName,

As far as I could understand, you simply want to provide remote support to your grandpa.

If setting up the Host and assigning it to your account is not an option (for various reasons), you can still connect via ID and password to your grandpa's Host.

Let me know if this would be an option for you.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• FakeName
    Options

"Tell me how to do this without using HOST" and you tell me to use HOST.

I'd very much like to not use multiple products when currently in Teamviewer I just use one product currently.

What if this hypothetical grandpa would like to connect to a computer out in his barn? Now I've got to install a secondary program and sign him up for an account instead of just saving the ID/Password on a sticky note.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @maisondasilva,

We could reproduce the behavior and pass this on to the respective team. We are working on resolving this as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting this and for your understanding!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Options

The view count of this post compared to every post in this entire forum speaks volumes about this "new" software.

I've sincerely tried to adapt and find some common ground with this new existence. It's just bad and requires more work than necessary. The only real use case is for brand new customers installing Teamviewer in their environment for the first time. I'm sure it would be lovely then.

• Rick_KF4ZZ
    Rick_KF4ZZ Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

Also, long term user. I now have to travel to two of my remote sites to fix this. Will also be looking into alternatives.πŸ˜’

• MickaelGr
    MickaelGr Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I've been using teamviewer for years through several compagnies, but this one I am the guy who decides what I want to use. I truely HATE this new TV SO MUCH that I will probably not renew my premium account and will find an alternative who's more IT friendly instead

Teamviewers subscriptions after new version

• FakeName
    Options

You need to create a support ticket telling them you're leaving more than 28 days in advance. I just created mine 5 months in advance. Plenty of notice for them, and I have 5 months to get my new product working to my standards.

• Reid5055
    Reid5055 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

the new teamviewer is really bad and my customer is all non I.T based and using free version , the guide to let them join a session is more tedious than i ask them to download other remove support like **Third Party Product** or **Third Party Product**.

• maisondasilva
    Options

@JeanK What this single access option is for, I couldn't find anywhere that explains it.

Thanks

• PaulLaserforce
    PaulLaserforce Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Except that it is ABUNDANTLY clear from all the messages on this thread that NO-ONE is happy about these changes.

I tell you now that if these changes aren't reverted we will be joining the list of corporate account holders who will ditch Teamviewer.

• JeanK
    Options

@maisondasilva, you'll find here all the information regarding Easy Access: Remote control via Easy access.

/JeanK

Community Manager