Samsung Android OS v13 - Teamviewer Host - Phone restart - Login PIN - Remote control not possible

Marc2000
Marc2000 Posts: 1

Hello,

I have a Samsung A13 phone with OS Android 13 and Teamviewer Host installed. For key requirements it works except the following scenario:

-If the phone restarts, after restarting, and before entering the login password, remote access via "Host" is not possible (as possibly Host not loaded yet). Once logged in the first time, normal Host access is ok in future login screens (except if restarting again etc).

-New versions of Android do not allow "Autostart" on boot. I looked into Macrodroid to trigger the "host" launch but it also does not start until login is completed. I have no idea in terms of programming with Android code etc...

-I have updated all Samsung and playstore setting to stop updates but Samsung tends to "override" this sometimes and force install updates/reboot.

-I have updated the "host" settings for full access, no battery limitations, eco mode disables, performance mode enabled, advanced logging enables (not sure what this last one is).

The only way to proceed I found is disabling the phone login option to boot with no login. In another similar question someone suggested to install a 3rd party login app from Playstore, but most seem to have issues.

I understand the issue is Samsung/Android limitations by design, but, am I missing something? Or it is in fact not possible to use Host before Login into the phone after a restart?

Thank you all.

-Practical scenario in question if someone is interested: This setting is used in a remote location for a security set-up in case there is a brake-in. The phone is used to transfer data via 4G and as a hotspot to connect to the cameras. A standard "information transmission" infrastructure access is complex/expensive (cable, ADSL, Wifi, Other services etc). Not having login enables the functionality desired but leaves the phone access "exposed" for third party use if there is a brake-in.