Can't connect to XP via TV14.2

KKN_KVM
KKN_KVM Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi

I'm a licens user, and I use a win10 with TV15 (new version) and I try to connect to a XP SP3 32 bit with TV14.2. The TV on the XP says that it ready to connect and it also states both "Your ID" and a "password". I have added the XP as a remote computer in my contact, and here it also indicates that the XP is online. When I try to connect to the XP, it doesn't even indicate an "incoming call", and eventually my TV15 says that the remote computer isn't connected to the server (connection timed out). I have try to switch off all virus and firewall programs on the XP, but nothing helps. I have seen this in the past, but haven't been able to solve the problem, so any help would be appreciated

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hello @KKN_KVM,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

The connection issue could possibly happen when TeamViewer is not connecting to the server during the remote connection. I would suggest restarting TeamViewer services on both sides and trying again for the remote connection as the basic troubleshooting steps, please.

Kindly keep me posted about your progress and I hope to hear some positive updates from you!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • KKN_KVM
    KKN_KVM Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks for the reply - went to the remote computer today, and performed the restart of the Teamviewer service, but unfortunately it didnt help at all