New UI: Setting Up Unattended Access

Options

Under the old interface there was a checkbox for setting up Unattended Access. How do I do set it up using the new interface?

Tagged:

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,083 Moderator
    Options

Hi @DBQ_Holdings ,

Welcome, and thanks for your question!

It's recommended that on the partner side, you use TeamViewer Host (if the remote side only receives connections).

You can install TeamViewer Host remotely with a QuickSupport, or manually from our webpage. After, having TeamViewer Host installed you can configure the unattended access.

• If the remote side also uses TeamViewer to do remote connections, you will need to install TeamViewer Remote.
      • After the remote user login with their account, you can set up unattended access by clicking the Set up remote access in the Home menu and following the instructions.

I hope this helps! 🍀 Let us know if you have any further questions. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• DBQ_Holdings
    DBQ_Holdings Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have dozens of remote devices that were configured for unattended access with the old software. Assuming they've all been automatically updated to the new software, I have to uninstall it in order to install TV Host. How do I do that remotely? I have to engage the user in order to run QuickSupport?

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,083 Moderator
    Options

Hi @DBQ_Holdings ,

Thanks for your questions!

TeamViewer offers multiple ways to configure your devices according to your needs.

If you have multiple devices already configured with unattended access, once they update to the new version (TeamViewer Remote), they will continue with the same settings. So you don't need to worry about setting unattended access again to these devices. 😄

If you find yourself in a situation where your TeamViewer needs to be uninstalled, then you would need to guide the remote user for the uninstall, and you could send the remote user a session link to connect via QuickSupport and assist the user with the installation of the Host or the Full Client.

Here is a quick summary to better understand the differences in use cases for QuickSupport, Host, and Full Client:

• QuickSupport - It's just an executable. It's perfect for attending remote sessions or first-time connection to a partner device because you can use Quick support to install TeamViewer Host or TeamViewer Remote (Full Client).
    • Host - It's the most recommended solution for cases where you need unattended access to a device that only receives connections - It's not possible to start a remote session to a device from a Host.
    • Full Client - It's required for cases where the partner also uses TeamViewer to remotely connect with someone else.

I hope this information can help! 🍀

Please let us know if we can help you with any further clarification.

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator