Unable to control remote computer

Options
OldMoldy
OldMoldy Posts: 5 ✭✭

TeamViewer Version 15.42.8 (32-bit)

I have used TeamViewer for Windows 10 many times and had my partner update her version of the desktop software before trying to establish a connection. It appeared as if a connection was made. I could see her computer screen, however, I was unable to click on her computer screen or take control in any manner.

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,598 Moderator
    Options

Hi @OldMoldy,

Thank you for visiting the TeamViewer Community!

May I ask if you see any prompt for control accessibility on the remote side at the beginning of the remote connection?

Also, if you have the possibility to check for the setting on the remote side, kindly follow the path to open the setting window please:

TeamViewer ➜ GearWheel ➜ Advanced settings ➜ Advanced ➜ Advanced setting for connection to this computer ➜ Access Control and check on Details, please ensure the permission to control the remote computer is allowed.

Can you keep me posted if the information would be helpful to your case please?

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • OldMoldy
    OldMoldy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

I will try your suggestions the next time I work with this partner.

• clgildner
    clgildner Posts: 1
    Options

I have been using the free version for a bit over a year now to train volunteer remote camera operators for a wildlife camera in Namibia. Up until now It has worked great to train them but now it is not. Like the person above when I give control of my cam to them to try to move the cam the cursor goes straight to the top left corner of my computer screen no matter what they are trying to do on my screen. I checked what you put above and mine is and has been set up just like that so I know that is not it. Any suggestions? This is not a business it is all volunteers including me and the cams do not charge for viewers and chatters it is to help others around the world learn about nature in the Namib and Kalahari deserts in Namibia