Lost phone , no access to 2fa two-factor authentication ,

Options
Mu2k1
Mu2k1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Account

Hello All,

I am reaching out to seek urgent assistance regarding an issue I am currently facing with accessing my remote connections through the TeamViewer application.

Unfortunately, I have lost my phone, which was previously used for two-factor authentication (2FA) to secure my TeamViewer account. Consequently, I am unable to complete the authentication process and connect to my remote devices, which is crucial for my work and personal obligations.

While I can still log in to my TeamViewer account using the email address associated with it, I have been unable to find an option within the account settings to disable or modify the 2FA feature. As a result, I find myself locked out of my own account despite having valid credentials.

I am trying to connect via the webclient to bypass this but its not connecting either

Tagged:

Answers

• Nadin_W
    Nadin_W Posts: 654 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Mu2k1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community! ✨

👉 First of all, could you please check if you have saved somewhere the 📃 Recovery code when you activated TFA?

Maybe it's worth to take a look in your downloads folder - At the end of the setup for two factor authentication, you are prompted to save the recovery key - one option is to download a txt file:

The filename is:

TeamViewer_recoverycode.txt

If, however, you are unable to locate the recovery code, then there would be no way to disable two factor authentication, and there are the following options:

👉 If you own a professional TeamViewer license:

• Please contact our support via phone, they will guide you through the procedure: Contact us via phone

👉If you are using the free version of TeamViewer:

• You can create for free a new account: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#register 
    • If creating a new account with a different email address is not an option and you want to use this same account again, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.
    • As soon as the account is deleted by our dedicated team, you will be able to create the TeamViewer with this same email address.

Let us know if you have any further questions, we will be happy to assist you!

Best,

Nadin

German Community moderator 🖤 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Mu2k1
    Options

Hello @Nadin_W

First of all thank you very much for reaching out much appreciated.

Unfortunately i do not have a recovery key. But my remote pc host account is the same account i am using to connect via the web client, i did enable 2fa on the remote PC before i travelled abroad. But it seem you cannot disable it on the TeamViewer management console.

I can login in my the TeamViewer management console and but when i click connect nothing happens, i thought having access to the primary account via the web console you could disable the remote PC 2fa :/

So according to the choice left, if I ask the TeamViewer to delete the current account and ask a new account to be created with the same email account as on the host computer and it will remove 2FA? and I will be able to log in on the host without needing a password?

My current computer was added as a trusted device i could one click log in to the remote computer directly via the web portal before 2fa was enabled.

I appreciate the reply to my questions

• Mu2k1
    edited June 2023
    Options

I noticed my 2fa is disabled on my account yet it keep going through 2fa when i try to connect

• Nadin_W
    Nadin_W Posts: 654 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Mu2k1,

Thank you for getting back to us.

According to your screenshot, it looks like there is no 2FA activated for this account.

My current computer was added as a trusted device i could one click log in to the remote computer directly via the web portal before 2fa was enabled.

This sentence let me think if you maybe do not have the 2FA for your account activated, but the 2FA for connections.

May I ask you to check this article 📃 Two-Factor Authentication for connections?

Please let me know if this helps!

Have a nice day!

Nadin

German Community moderator 🖤 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community