Deleting account does not remove the community account

Options
Heil
Heil Posts: 1
edited July 2023 in Account

Hello,

I hope I'm in the right category, I found no other fitting my certain matter.

I've been trying to delete my community account for the past hour or so. When I delete my account through the setting in management console, it does get deleted. But upon creating a new account using the same e-mail, my community account gets reconnected without asking. It seems like the community account is not deleted upon account removal of the TeamViewer account, its more like its just being deactivated.

I've read on different topics that the accounts of TV and TV community are the same account, however I dont understand why my TV community account is still up with the same username and I'm not asked to create a new one or give a new username when I'm recreating my TV account.

Also, I dont understand why I'm not allowed to change my username in the community profile settings. Is there a specific reason for this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,216 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Heil,

Thank you for your post!

Please know that the TeamViewer Community and TeamViewer account works in different systems, although they can be synchronized; when you sign in to the TeamViewer Community with your TeamViewer account credentials for the first time, the Request for Permission pop-up will be displayed (please refer to the below screenshot). If the Allow button is used at this stage, the same TeamViewer account credentials can be used from the second attempt to sign in to the TeamViewer Community. 

However, as mentioned above, these are working on different systems, we have independent permissions and settings for the Community account.

If you would like to delete the Community account or change the user name, please feel free to send a Private Message to any Community moderators for the request. We would take care of your requests from there!

Hope this explains.

Best,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター