Wrong Version error on TeamViewer 12

Options
Etanarvazac
Etanarvazac Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in General questions

I installed TeamViewer 12 (v12.0.259192) on my PC and my friend's PC and when attempting to connect, I get the "Version out-of-date" error. Both installations are fresh installs (including the removal of the app's settings). I have also tried using specifically the portable versions of TeamViewer 12 and I still get the same error.

— Etanarvazac Revorix

Tagged:

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,606 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Etanarvazac,

It is a pleasure to meet you in the Community!

In general, TeamViewer users are encouraged always to use the latest version of TeamViewer. Can you kindly try to download and install the latest version and see if it is compatible with your computer?

At the same time, would you mind sharing the reason for using the previous version of TeamViewer 12 please?

Look forward to hearing from you about the update with the latest version of TeamViewer.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Etanarvazac
    Options

It's compatible with both devices, but many features I like are not on Version 15 compared to Version 12. So unless y'all bring back many of the active connection features, I'd prefer sticking with Version 12.

— Etanarvazac Revorix

• Etanarvazac
    Options

Any other suggestions?

— Etanarvazac Revorix

• Etanarvazac
    edited January 31
    Options

I am aware this reply is 6, almost 7 months old, but this issue still persists. I am well aware that TeamViewer encourages the use of the latest version of TeamViewer, as Ying_Q has stated. As I have said in the initial reply, this is not ideal as many features I used are now behind a paywall. I use TeamViewer for helping my friends and family, free of charge, need I add. With that said, this is very much the grounds of personal use and not business. Unless TeamViewer has "special cases", which I highly doubt, I would much rather stick with TeamViewer 12. So any solutions or workarounds for this issue would be greatly appreciated.

To further explain what I need, the "Disable Remote Input" feature helps when your friend of family member are or can be easily distracted by something that appears on their screen, which in turn results in the loss of ability to do as needed to help them. As annoying as it stands in the latest TeamViewer, the only thing I can do is create a stalemate by holding down the Alt-Tab as is completely prevents my friend or family member from doing more damage than I am trying to undo. As an example of this, a friend of mine managed to delete all of the core redistributables that an application needed to run. As I am trying to reinstall those, they constantly attempt to either attempt launching a game, click on an unrelated article, close the installer in effort to just close everything under means of "too much clutter", or more. Without this core feature, it becomes a real pain to help my friends and family. If there is no alternative, I am quite tempted to take business elsewhere, which is something I really don't want to do as TeamViewer has always been the go-to and is normally very user-friendly.

— Etanarvazac Revorix