what team viewer should I download for Mac? TeamViewer QuickSupport TeamViewer Full Client TeamViewe

Options

what TeamViewer should I download for Mac, its giving me 4 different options, quick support,full client, host and meeting?

Best Answer

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ahebab,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

In general, the TeamViewer Full Client is used on the local device to initiate the remote connection. Whereas users on the remote side (supported device) will use either the QuickSupport or the Host, depending on the use case.

To be more specific, the main difference between the QuickSupport and the Host is how you connect:

• the QuickSupport requires confirmation of access from the remote user; it only provides attended remote support.
    • the Host won't require confirmation of access from the remote user and therefore allows unattended access.

Kindly select the suitable TeamViewer module for your use case. You can also find more information about how to download TeamViewer here: Download and install TeamViewer Remote

Hope you find this helpful!

Please return here, to the Community when you have any questions or concerns using TeamViewer.

Best,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ahebab,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

In general, the TeamViewer Full Client is used on the local device to initiate the remote connection. Whereas users on the remote side (supported device) will use either the QuickSupport or the Host, depending on the use case.

To be more specific, the main difference between the QuickSupport and the Host is how you connect:

• the QuickSupport requires confirmation of access from the remote user; it only provides attended remote support.
    • the Host won't require confirmation of access from the remote user and therefore allows unattended access.

Kindly select the suitable TeamViewer module for your use case. You can also find more information about how to download TeamViewer here: Download and install TeamViewer Remote

Hope you find this helpful!

Please return here, to the Community when you have any questions or concerns using TeamViewer.

Best,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• Troid
    Troid Posts: 1
    edited March 19
    Options

Thanks a ton for writing here @Akiho, this was BEYOND helpful… I still had 2 questions -

1. What is the TeamViewer Meeting used for and how is it different from the other versions?
    2. Do I even need the "Full Client" to provide support… or the 'web version' is enough? Basically, are there any limitations to the 'web version'?

Thanks… :)