"Migration Required" Device Offline

Options
Jamaal
Jamaal Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been using my current set up for months. Today I accessed my remote computer for 3 hours. I closed the connection, went on lunch and came back to a message saying "Migration Required" and the device is offline.

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Answers

• Stevekb173
    Stevekb173 Posts: 1
    Options

Sorry i can't help in anyway, but i get the same issue. You posted this 12 days ago and no response, such a shame.

Steve.

• jmcdhome
    jmcdhome Posts: 1
    edited September 2023
    Options
  • OwlCat
    OwlCat Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

What are the disadvantages of device "migration"?

I support the PC of my 97yrs old mother who lives 800km away from me. Teamviewer is loaded when her PC is booting and prepared to be controlled from my device. So my mother doesn't have to anything in order to give me access. I hope that this "migration" thing will not change this.

I also hope that Teamviewer does not use the migration of devices to get rid of non-commercial users like me without openly amitting that they want to reduce the support to non-commercial users. They of course have te right to do that, but if they want to downgrade their support to non-commercial users, they should announce that openly, clearly, honestly and early enough.

I also don't know whether I have to have direct access to my mother's PC when "migrating" that device. Of course I sometimes visit my mother, but I don't want to do an 800km trip just to get direct access to her PC.

(Teamviewer should offer a monthly "support-to-parent" or "support-to-impaired-client" subscription for users whose clients might not need a full year support anymore.)

• ToddBonzalez
    ToddBonzalez Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Any update on this? What happens when something is migrated? I, too, am concerned about downsides that are not clear.

• Plymothian
    Plymothian Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I use TeamViewer to connect to devices in my house. I see this "Migration Required" message too. It also say's in the details " This device needs to be migrated to be fully functional and to allow your company to manage it". There's no company involved. Is this a functionality thing and the app is still free for non-commercial or is it a play to get everyone to purchase licensing they don't want or need?

Given the history of this thread, I don't know that I expect an answer.