Disappearing policies in new web console

Options
jzita
jzita Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in General questions

Hello, when I am creating new policies in new user interface it can be assigned and saved OK. But when I reload the page it disappears. See screenshots in attachment. Is it normal or some bug? I tried other browser too but no luck.

Thank you. George.

Best Answer

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 995 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @jzita,

Thank you for your reply!

Regarding Tensor customers and the new interface, we invite you to check out the post of our Community Manager @JeanK below 👇 :

If the policy doesn't show up either in the web app, indeed, you need to stick to the Management Console for the moment, until we release the new interface for the Tensor customers.

We apologize for this issue, and thank you in advance for your patience and your trust.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

Answers

• JenW
    Options

Hi @jzita,

Thank you for posting in our Community and sharing some screenshots!

I replicated the same process as you explained from my side and I could see the new policy on the Web App as well as in the new interface 🤔

I also tried to create a policy from the Web App and it also works fine, I can see it as well in the new interface.

For your information, I tested it with Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome without encountering any issues.

Could you please try to create the policy from the Web App first and then try again vice versa?

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Jen

• jzita
    jzita Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for testing. I tested it in MS Edge on Windows and MacOS and still the same. It only shows the two defaults policies for Asset Management and Monitoring. I tried it in InPrivate browsing window too to prevent some problems with cookies and so on. The strange thing is that when I go through the classic old console all policies are there.

Even stranger is this – I tried to completely uninstall TeamViewer application on my Windows machine and do clean install. For the first time the app runs in new user interface, I signed up with my Tensor account and the policies are visible. When I quit TeamViewer and start it again it starts in the old interface so no chance to view policies any more. There is no option to change the interface to new one from the old one.

I tried it on another clean machine and it is the same. The new interface is so much buggy.

So best solution for now is to use classic old web console until it will be fixed.

Do you know what TeamViewer planning with the classic console in the future? It will be completely migrated to the new one and the old one deprecated?

Thank you much.

• JenW
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @jzita,

Thank you for your reply!

Regarding Tensor customers and the new interface, we invite you to check out the post of our Community Manager @JeanK below 👇 :

If the policy doesn't show up either in the web app, indeed, you need to stick to the Management Console for the moment, until we release the new interface for the Tensor customers.

We apologize for this issue, and thank you in advance for your patience and your trust.

Best,

Jen