Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.57. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v15.45.3

JenW
JenW Posts: 1,103 Senior Moderator

Operating system: Windows

Version: 15.45.3

Release date: 2023-08-22

Improvements

• The in-session toolbar has been redesigned to be more streamlined and intuitive.
  • In the unlikely event that an update fails, the 64-bit update mechanism will now trigger an automatic rollback. This will return the application to the previous version.
  • It is now possible to search for an entry from the drop down selection fields in the Admin settings.

Bugfixes

• Fixed a bug that prevented the use of non-Latin characters for device names created via command line.

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

Comments

• Given the new toolbar is actually less intuitive, functional and more obtuse than before, can you please post the link for TV 15.44.7? Or provide a way to "downgrade" to the more user friendly version of the toolbar?

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,103 Senior Moderator

Hi @pccounsellor,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the new in-session toolbar.

We understand that changes are not easy, and to help you get used to the new design of the toolbar, especially if you're a bit lost, we invite you to go through our dedicated article: TeamViewer Remote Session Toolbar on Windows.

Most of the functionalities are the same, and we kept the main key menus: Actions, View, Communicate, File & Extras.

Also, when hovering the mouse over the different quick access icons, you can find a short description of the function.

Regarding your questions, please understand that we cannot provide you with the link for TV 15.44.7

For any suggestions, feel free to reach out to us!

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• xmucjy
    xmucjy Posts: 6

Changes to VPN made it harder to use.

When start VPN, the window will move to back. Not on the top as the version before.

The IP address cannot copy. Need manually entry for some software.

• websafe
    websafe Posts: 15

Please stop forcing your new "UI". This is ridiculous! The most important option (Comment) is hidden somewhere in a submenu! We use it multiple times during a single connection!

• I believe the TeamViewer development team has failed on both points that "The in-session toolbar has been redesigned to be more streamlined and intuitive."

Good Design used to include a "click count" and unfortunately more mouse clicks are needed to perform just about every task in TeamViewer now which is a clear failure to produce a "more streamlined and intuitive" product.

At least it seems this at least has been recognised with the ability to toggle between the Old and New Interface.

• ThomasU
    ThomasU Posts: 2
    edited September 2023

The new toolbar is NOT an improvement. Most users are ADMINS, they are IT technicians, they need fast access, more information on one screen and no fancy UI which pleases only designers.

Do NOT go down the MS Path and hide every setting behind multiple fancy screens with switches to turn on and off.

If you want to improve things, make it more stable. around every 5th time when I start up teamviewer it says "unlicensed" then I have to wait 20-30 seconds until I am logged in so I can use the corporate functions we pay for.

• Hi,

I fully agree with the above comments related to the UI - every new update of TV has irrelevant functions and make our work even more difficult (and the price of the product increases every year...).

We still use the old UI simply because with it our workflow is better and we can do more actions with less clicks...

Only reason I keep updated is to apply security corrections.

And we always use the portable option - mainly because we need to access TV from several computers, and using the portable option allow us to update the software using the same workflow we use to update other products.

It seems that (in pair with all the real useful options) TV is forgetting of update the portable version - no direct link to download from the product page, and right now the version available on https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerPortable.zip is not the last one...

Keep the old interface, and the portable version!

• TV is even more unstable on Windows 11 (comparing with W10). At the moment we have a mix of W10 and W11 PCs - and what we have found is that in W10 we manage to have 6 or more sessions opened at the same time (let's say we are updating several remote PCs at the same time). In W11 if we try to open 3 or 4 it will crash... at it happens all the time. As a result right now when I need to use more than 2 or 3 sessions I move to a W10 PC...

• websafe
    websafe Posts: 15
    edited September 2023

After the latest update: WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO COMMENT ON A CONNECTION DURING THE CONNECTION!

THIS OS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS NEEDED DURING A CONNECTION AND IT'S NOT WORKING ANYMORE AND IT'S NOW HIDDEN IN A SUBMENU, **bleep**?!?!? WHO APPROVED THIS? FIRE HIM/HER!

We have to use now another app to write down what is done during a connection because the most important feature for us is not working.

But you took time to put all those fancy and unneeded icons on the bar on the top, like WHITEBOARD? What do I need i Whiteboard for, when I'm working on multiple servers?

AND RETHINK THOSE ICONS. Really? Ctrl+Alt+Del icon is understandable? Whiteboard and comment icon look almost the same. Switching monitors and sending files look almost the same.🤬

Please. Let these crazy people with these crazy ideas go and bring the old UI back!

THE CAPS WAS AND IS INTENTIONAL.

BRING THE OLD UI BACK!

• Please add an option in the settings to revert back to the legacy "classic" toolbar

• Nightflamed
    Nightflamed Posts: 1
    edited September 2023

I'm so disappointed, I need TeamViewer VPN for customer support, previously there was a copy button for the IP address, now I have to laboriously copy it from the CMD ping window.

Sorry, but that's not possible, I have around 40 TV connections with VPN every day ;(