Remote shows "Offline" in All Devices and Recent Connections but IS online

Options
jgarris
jgarris Posts: 14 ✭✭

A remote system shows up as "Offline" in both the All Devices and Recent Connections pages

However, the device IS online. If I click "Show Details" from the 3-dots menu, it displays as being online (green check), and I CAN connect to it from that panel.

In case it's material, the remote is currently on the same LAN as the system initiating the connections (but won't be long term).

The only way I've found to restore the expected behavior is to completely exit and restart TeamViewer on the initiating (local) system.

Tagged:

Comments

• Solutions4
    Solutions4 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. Often a device appears offline when it is online.

I am using TeamViewer Premium. I am using the new interface. UI version: 15.44.7

I have logged into my account on the "offline" device.

Account assignment: I have assigned the device to my account on the "offline" device.

Manage his device: I have assigned it to my company.

None of this makes a difference.

I am seeing this issue across multiple devices since updating to the latest version.

• tobysimmons
    tobysimmons Posts: 1
    Options

I realize this is a few months old but I have also had this issue when using the "new" interface ... connecting to an online client fails with the "user is offline" error. I have tried restarting TeamViewer without changing the interface on my end and it continues to error saying client is offline, but switching back to the old interface and restarting TeamViewer allows me to connect without issue nearly 100% of the time.

• maisondasilva
    maisondasilva Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options

Same for me, UX old not have problem

• Stafast
    Stafast Posts: 1
    Options

Seems to be a highly common issue with the new interface. It's extremely annoying I just wasted hours thinking the device at a remote location was going to sleep, or the ID changed, turns out it's a common bug with the new UX. In order to resolve it for me I have to close out of TeamViewer and get back in and the device shows online again and I can connect but it is annoying as heck and often wastes a ton of time. So I need to get into the mental habit of thinking it's TeamViewer's fault again instead of wasting more of my time as that seems to be the case 9 times out of 10 with the new UX.

• maisondasilva
    maisondasilva Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options

I have an open ticket about this, if possible, please report this to the collector to help resolve this, it is very annoying, even in the old interface I am now noticing this problem!