Setup Unattended access with TeamViewer Full version with different accounts

Options

Hello

I have installed TeamViewer full version on both my home PC and the remote desktop I want to connect to.

On the home PC I have logged in with my TeamViewer account (account: Maia). The remote desktop is assigned to a different TeamViewer account (account: Jut).

On the remote desktop EasyAccess is enabled. Random password is disabled. Yet, every time I am trying to connect to the remote desktop it asks for a password and every time it generates a different password, so unattended access is impossible as I need the newly generated password every time.

What am I missing?

Tagged:

Answers

• zooapk
    zooapk Posts: 1
    Options

It seems like you've set up TeamViewer on both your home PC and the remote desktop, but you're encountering issues with unattended access due to the generated passwords. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve the problem:

1. Confirm EasyAccess Settings:
      • On the remote desktop (account: Jut), ensure that EasyAccess is enabled.
      • Double-check that "Random password" is indeed disabled.
    2. Assign a Personal Password (Recommended):
      • To establish more consistent unattended access, consider assigning a personal password on the remote desktop.
      • In the TeamViewer settings on the remote desktop, go to "Security" and set a personal password. This password should be known only to you.
    3. TeamViewer Account Configuration:
      • Make sure you are logged into your TeamViewer account (account: Maia) on your home PC.
    4. Connecting to Remote Desktop:
      • On your home PC, open TeamViewer.
      • Enter the TeamViewer ID or alias of the remote desktop (account: Jut) you want to connect to.
    5. Using the Personal Password:
      • Instead of relying on the randomly generated passwords, you should now be prompted to enter the personal password you set on the remote desktop.
    6. Save Credentials (Optional):
      • If you want to simplify future connections, you can choose to save the personal password in your TeamViewer settings (on the home PC) for the remote desktop.

By following these steps, you should be able to establish unattended access to the remote desktop without the need for constantly changing passwords. Just remember to keep your personal password secure, as it provides direct access to the remote machine.

• Maia_Hristozova37
    Options

ok, these steps worked! Apparently step 2 is either not mentioned in the tutorial or I have missed it.

Thank you