Device moves keep needing to be required: same laptop!!

Options

I've got a really annoying issue and was wondering if it was common.

I run a small software business and occasionally need to do a bit of remote support, remoting into engineer laptops etc and deploying code, doing testing etc.

What seems to randomly happen is that I will go to fire up a session, and firstly teamviewer says that I need to add my machine to its list of trusted devices (even though I have had the same laptop for the past two years). Then, once I've done that, it will say I've run out of device moves. So I then have to remove a device and add in my laptop again. Each time, I can see I have a different Teamviewer ID number (which doesnt bother me as noone ever remotes into me) so clearly the software.. even though its on the same machine as its always been on.. thinks it is on a different machine.

My worry is that I've paid a £500 subscription for Teamviewer Business, only for my moves to be incorrectly used up. I'm only about two months into my subcription and already I have only got 6 moves left.... but I am on the same laptop and am the same person!! One support agent i spoke to years ago about this said to just get in touch if i ran out and they would just reset it. But the most recent ticket i had open, they basically said there was nothing they could do.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and how they got around it? Getting to the point where I am going to have to move to an alternative as one day I will have run out of moves invariably when I need it the most!

Comments

• Nadin_W
    Nadin_W Posts: 656 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Gatsoman,

Thank you for your post! Your detailed explanation helped a lot to understand your use case. 

It's correct that you can use the TeamViewer Business license on up to three (3) devices to connect to remote devices (connect from one device at a time). If you already have 3 devices registered, a pop-up will appear in the TeamViewer application directing you to deactivate (remove) one of the existing devices from your license. This license activation is linked to your TeamViewer ID.

Since you mentioned that your ID changed on your device, I recommend contacting our support team again and to stretch to the fact that your ID changed and ask them to take a close look into this.

For further analysis, it might be helpful to attach the data of the 📄 support collector to the ticket.

Please, feel free to provide me with your new ticket ID in a private message in order to check if it is assigned to the respective team.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Nadin

German Community moderator 🖤 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community