Please tell me if I'm doing this right

rightnitro
rightnitro Posts: 3
edited September 2023 in General questions

I used to use this all the time when it was just the one screen and you entered your session ID and password and everything worked fine. Now with these sessions and the username I can't get it to work. I am logged in (with same username) on 2 PCs. Which computer starts the session? The one I am on, or the one I want to control? And why does there need to be a person on the other end to accept it? What happened to true remote control?

I wouldn't be using the web app except that when I use the standalone app, I get "unknown session" error.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you, I got it to work by installing Teamviewer Remote on the PC I want to connect to. I think this worked because the client device is now in my trusted devices list.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,220 Moderator

You're welcome @rightnitro!

Don't hesitate to post in our Forum again whenever needed.

It's a pleasure to have you here! 😄

Have a good one!

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• One last question... right now, I click 'connect' on my device and it automatically connects; no password or anything.

How can I make it ask me for a password to connect to this specific device?

Thanks.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,220 Moderator

Hi @rightnitro,

You can change the partner device's advanced settings to always request permission by following the steps below:

1. Remote connection to the partner device.
    2. Click the gear icon ⚙Settings Go to this device's settings
    3. Advanced settings Open advanced settings
    4. On the field Advanced settings for connections to this computer, change the Access Control to Confirm all
    5. Select OK to save the changes.

Let us know how it goes, and if you have any further questions. 🍀

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator