Weird behaviour in TeamViewer 15.46.7 for macOS...

Options

Hi,

I am having repeated malfunctions in remote control sessions from TeamViewer on macOS, which have only been happening since I moved to TeamViewer 15. When I am remote controlling a Windows computer, the keyboard will randomly start behaving as if I'm typing with the one of the modifier keys pressed, when I don't. e.g. Hitting numbers 1, 2 or 3 etc. on my keyboard will scroll through open app windows, starting at the 1st window, then the second, then third etc; as if I'm typing the number whilst holding the COMMAND key down on my keyboard, which I'm not. The only way I can resume normal control from the keyboard is to close and re-establish the remote session.

I am running the latest version of TeamViewer (in the classic UI, because the new UI is still wasting way too much of my time and buggy) with macOS Ventura on a PowerBook 2017. The remote systems are all also running up to date versions of TeamViewer on either Windows 10 or 11.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of behaviour?

Cheers,

David.

Tagged:

Answers

• Marcoq
    Marcoq Posts: 1
    Options

Same here

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @deejinoz,

It's great to hear back from you! 🙂

This sounds like an odd behavior. I'd have to check with the respective teams if they are aware of any issues going on.

In the meantime, could you please uninstall TeamViewer completely from the involved devices and see if the issue is occurring again?

We explain how to uninstall TeamViewer completely from your devices here:

Looking forward to hearing from you (and I'll get back to you as soon as I hear something from the devs).

Have a great evening!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• heffSTL
    heffSTL Posts: 2
    Options

Same here. Same problem for months and months now. Making me think twice about leaving TV entirely. I have uninstalled and reinstalled as suggested and the problem persists.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @heffSTL,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're sorry you are still facing this issue.

Based on what has been reported to the forum so far, we do not have enough information to provide a concrete solution for this issue.

I would recommend opening a support ticket and attaching the logs to the ticket so our engineers can have a closer look at your issue. I'm sure we'll be able to find a fix for that.

You can open a ticket via this link.

📌Note: Make sure you sign in with your licensed account to access the ticket portal.

If our support can provide you with a solution, I'd highly appreciate if you could share it in the forum afterwards so that other users can benefit from it! 🤝

Have a great day,

/JeanK

Community Manager