Cleanup unused computers from account

Is it  possible to bulk clean all computers in a teamviewer account that have not been online for a period of time?

Whe are having many systems that are recently replaced or reinstalled and it takes a lot of time to manual delete all the old systems.

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

I created a group called trash and I can move a large amount at one time using the management console. But you are right, there isn't a good way to delete in bulk.(without using the API)

If you find a way, let us know!

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi everyone!

This is currently in as a feature request, but there is currently no way to bulk delete.

However, the workaround I have used before is below (it is not perfect by any means).

Create a new account > create a new account > share a group from the newly created account with "full control" this will be your trash group) > log into the original account and move the devices you want to delete into this group > now log in to the new account and delete the account.

I am sorry there is not a more direct method yet.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • JW-SLake
    JW-SLake Posts: 1

Hi Scotty,
    I'm attempting to do this now. So I created a new account on TeamViewer User Management, then I created a new group called "Trash" and shared 'Full Control' to the newly created user account. Then I moved old unused PC's into the Trash group. Is the next step to delete the Trash group or the entire newly-created user account?
    Thanks!

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

To be clear, the "Trash" group needs to be owned by the NEW account (Which will be deleted). As groups with devices cannot be deleted, when the new (Trash) account is deleted, the group and devices go with it.

If the group you have created is owned by the main account currently, you will need to log into the new (Trash) account, shift them to a group owned by the new(Trash) account then delete it (The account).

Hope this helps :)

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?